Part 17- First Date

We got into Louis’ black Ford Fusion. “What? No Limo?” I teased, as he shut my door. I could see him laughing as he walked to his seat. As he sat down, he seat belted himself. “To answer your hilarious question, no. We both need to blend in, remember?” I nodded, “Do I ever…” His left hand played with my fingers a little before putting it back on the wheel, “Aww, Juliet. It won’t be this way forever. I’ll make sure of it.” I smiled, “You really are my Superman, aren’t you?” He grinned, his eyes glued to the road, “I try, Skylar. I really do.”

The ride to the park was quiet, mainly because I was looking at awe at all the buildings I wanted to one day visit. We pulled into the parking lot and Louis opened my door. I thanked him and clung to his body, afraid if I was separated from him, I would never be found again. In return, Louis’ arm held me tightly too. We slowly started on the path, and I rested my head on Louis’ arm. “So…” he started to make small talk, “How many of these have you been on?” “Walks in the park or dates?” I asked. He shrugged, “Either of them.” “Well, I used to go on walks with Gemma all the time in Middle School. And as for how many dates I’ve been on,” I looked up, catching Louis’ eyes, “This is my first…” “Are you serious?” Louis’ asked, “You’ve never gone on a date before?” I shook my head, “Unless you call going to my crush’s football game in 1st grade a date.” “Wow…” he said, looking off into space for a moment, before looking back at me, “I wish I had known that. I could have make this really special for you.” I smiled, “Don’t you know this already? If I’m with you, any place seems special. Even my prison of a home.” He smiled back, “I love you so much.” “I love you too.” I replied, pulling him into a kiss. Our kisses weren’t overly ‘passionate’, but there was definitely a fire in them.

Our kiss was broken by someone giggling beside us. We turned to see two girls looking at us. “Excuse me, are you Louis Tomlinson?” the blonde one asked.

Shoot! We had been noticed.

Louis nodded, “How can I help you, ladies?” “Can we have your autograph?” her brunette friend asked and Louis nodded again, taking the notebook they were extending to him. “Sure thing.” he replied, looking at me before them again, “Who am I making this out to?” “Oh, I’m Emma.” the blonde one, AKA Emma said, before pointing to her friend, “And this is Leah.”

As Louis wrote out the note, Leah turned to me, “Hey, aren’t you Louis’ girlfriend?”

No, I thought, I just love kissing men who are in relationships.

I turned to Louis, unsure what to say, because I was still a secret. He just smiled, without looking up, “Yeah, she’s my girlfriend.” The girls’ squealed again, causing me to want them to just leave. Thankfully, Louis had just handed them their book back, “Here you go. Can you girls do something for me, please?” “Oh course.” they said, in unison. “Can you not tell anyone you saw us here.” he continued, “We don’t want Press breathing down our backs right now. Ok?” “Ok.” Leah said, pulling Emma away, “Thanks again.” After they went down the path, I heard one of them say, “Oh my gosh, we just met Louis and Eleanor…”

I looked at Louis, unsure what to make of that. He mirrored my expression, before breaking into a laughing fit. I crossed my arms, “It’s not that funny. Do I really look like El?” His laughing died down, after he realized how serious my question was. “Perhaps under the right light or right coloring on a TV screen…” He uncrossed my arms and grabbed my hands, “But don’t worry, my heart knows the difference.” He kissed my nose, causing me to crinkle it and a smile decorated my face, “You’re so cheesy, you know that.” He shrugged, “Yeah, but at least I have you to tell me that.” I snickered and he played with the fingers on my left hand, “You’re still wearing the ring I gave you.” I nodded, “I wear it every day, to remind me where my heart lies.” “It works both ways, you know.” he said, his voice hushed to enhance the mood, “My heart lies with you too.” “I know…” I whispered back, starting to walk down the back again. “Come on.” I said, with normal volume, “Let’s enjoy our Valentine’s Day.”