Chapter 12

I know, another chapter! Hope you like this story!

Comment, Vote, Enjoy!

<3Jessica

We walk into the diner and sit down. Max takes our order, me a water while Samuel gets a burger and fries. "Now. Tell me who Kaleb is. Truthfully Anna." He never calls me Anna.

I grab his hands and hold on to them tightly and stare at them. "It was 1809. It was his 16th birthday and we were friends. He said he wanted to see what the big deal with alcohol was all about. We drank. We were young, naive children. We... we had sex." I look up at Sam as he takes in a quick inhale of breath. I continue since he doesn't say anything. "I regretted it instantly. I was a child who's innocence was taken in our barn. A little while longer, he leaves with his sisters. He said he was adopted. Less than a year later, I met you. I didn't love him, Samuel. I didn't feel anything but friendship with him. I loved you. I don't regret marrying you. Remember that."

"You loved me. So you can't feel anything else for me? Nothing at all. Is that all you feel for me too? Friendship? Regretting everything every morning. Of course you do. You said it this morning." I stare at him, willing myself not to cry. I look down and a tear escapes. He pulls his hands away as his food comes to the table. He stars eating as I look up at him, holding in my sobs.

"I'll wait outside." I get up and walk out of the diner.

I get outside and run around to the side of the building and put my hands on my thighs, trying to get my breathing under control. "Annabelle?" I look up crying and Sammy runs up to me and brings me into a hug. I let the sobs out, crying on her shoulder. "What happened?"

"I had to tell him about Kaleb. I had to tell him... that Kaleb was my first." I cry some more and she just pats my shoulder. "He's so mad. He wouldn't even talk to me. What if he doesn't forgive me for this? I just got him back. I was mad at him for leaving the first time and when he came back, I lied to you. I didn't want him. Then he started to grow on me. Now... I don't think I can go on without him. Sammy, what if he leaves me again?" I cry again and she walks me to a bench in the park.

"He loves you. More than you know. I can see it in his eyes. He is hurt. You slept with someone before him and didn't tell him. Imagine him telling you the same thing."

"I know he slept with someone before me. It didn't matter to me. When we were seperated, I was with other guys. I told him and he said he understood. This though, I don't know if he can forgive me."

My heart aches. I don't think I've ever felt like this. Not when he left me, not when he changed me. It's like I'm starving. It could kill me if I'm not helped. Except I'm not thirsty. I just want him.  Sammy just sits there consoling me while my husband is inside eating away. I knew it was too good to be true. My "revenge" turned me heartless. At least it felt like that, until this very moment. What did Kaleb mean when this isn't over? I never felt anything for Kaleb. We were drunk and I was just in the beginning of puberty. I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't become experienced until I became married. I didn't even recognize, nor remember Kaleb.

"Why? Why did he have to find me? Why can't I just have my happy ending like you?"

"I'm pregnant at 17. I'd hardly say that's a  happy ending."

"You have someone who loves you by your side. You are getting married and having a baby. Your baby is going to be amazing, beautiful and smart. My life is unfair. I got married at a young age, I don't regret that. I love him. I got pregnant, and lost her. I lost Beverly. Then he left and I was alone. I made plenty of mistakes, but being with Kaleb? That was my worst. Now because of that, I could lose my husband. Again."