Chapter 8

I KNOW I KNOW. IT'S BEEN SOO LONG! BUT NO COMMENTS AND LITTLE VOTES LEAVES ME WITH VERY LITTLE MOTIVATION! I DECIDED TO GO AHEAD AND WRITE ANYWAY.

COMMENT, VOTE, ENJOY!

<3JESSICA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANNABELLE

I woke up feeling drowsy and starved. Like even though I had eaten, it felt like I had slept for days. I try to roll over but there's something heavy draped over me. I open my eyes and it's Samuel. The past day, I think, comes back to my memory foggy. I honestly can't believe that I went crazy like that. I push him and he doesn't budge. It feels like there are weights on my arms and legs keeping me from moving. I look down and I'm turning white, almost see through. I need blood now. If I can't move, there's only one thing I can do: bite him. I just hope he'll wake up soon enough so I don't drain him. I feel my fangs extend and I bite down. He starts to wake up and I just bite down harder. He needs to fight me off soon because I can't stop.

"Anna. Anna stop. Stop!" He kicks me in the ribs, breaking them I'm sure, and I go flying across the room and slam into the wall, the pictures falling to the floor with a smash. I groan, God, for a vampire, I'm a wimp! I can't fight him off, but I took a great amount of blood from him. I could try and change him now. "What the hell happened?"

"You. You were starving me!" I'm all animal right now. I can feel the fangs going longer, longer than they've ever been.

"You need to calm down now! I don't know what's happening, but I will stop you!"

"It's all your fault. If you hadn't have killed me none of this would have happened!" I'm trying to calm down, but its just too hard.

"If I hadn't changed you then you would have been completely dead and I couldn't deal with that! It didn't seem fair! I love you. You were the first person I loved. You were beautiful, inside and out. You didn't use it to brag to others and you were strong and confidant even as an orphan. You were amazing!" I'm shocked. I'm supposed to be giving revenge to this person who just admitted all of this to me. I have to remember that; revenge.

"I don't believe you." I'm starting to calm down now. He gives me this incredulous look then runs up to me and pushes me against the wall and I feel him break my wrists. "Bitch! You broke my wrists!"

"You need to get used to pain. That's what it's going to feel like when you don't get enough blood. It's going to hurt except you won't be able to get rid of the hurt until you feed. I'm trying to help you, you ungrateful vampire!" He is nose to nose with me, both of our fangs out and breathing heavily. I feel my wrists healing wrong. I'm going to have to rebreak them.

"Vampire? Oh really? What are you? You're not human, but not a vampire! You're just abnormal! Let go of my wrists. I have to rebreak them."

He rebreaks my wrist then lets them go. "I'm a changer. I do my job. I turn unfortunate people into vampires. I told my bosses that I wanted time off to spend time with my wife. The woman who gave me children and the one I love. The only one I love. I don't care what either one of us are. I want us to be a family again! I want us to have kids again. After we deal with this stuff of our granddaughter, there is a place in the desert in New Mexico, where vampires and changers live.

"I want us to be together. I love you Annabelle, whether you believe it or not." I'm crying by now. Whether of anger at him or regret of how I've treated him I don't know.

"We can't be a family again. I'm sorry." I push away from him and walk to the door. I turn and look at him one more time and I see a tear run down his cheek. I turn and run down the stairs to the laundry room and change into some clothes. I grab my running shoes and purse and get in my car. I look up as I back out and see him at the door.

I'm driving away from the only person I've ever truly loved and I think I may be more heartbroken than I was before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Samuel

I know I messed her up. What I did to her in the past is wrong and I know that, but I've always been there for her. I cleaned up her messes and made sure she was well-off. I even was okay when she married all those other men. Never did I think she would be this mad at me.

I told her the truth when I said I wanted to be a family again. I just recently heard that if supernatural beings, like changers and vampires, get together they can have children. I know it seems selfish to have more children, so I found a vampire and changer community. I thought everything out. Just not this. She's moody and angry. I can never figure her out and that extremely bothers me.

She just said we can't be a family again, but she said sorry. She cares, but doesn't love me enough. I have to fight for her though. I love her. I hear her moving around and the front door slam shut. I run downstairs and open the door right as she looks back at the house and backs out of the driveway. She's leaving and I don't know when she's coming back. I don't know what she's going to do or where she's going to be. I can only guess since I don't know enough people here. I guess I could go to the diner where all her friends are. That's the first stop I guess.

I go to get on my bike when I realize that it's still at the diner. I'm going to have to run there with my speed. I'm okay with doing it but it takes a lot out of me since I'm part human. It would be so much easier if I was just a simple vampire. I know it would be magnified, the lust I mean, but I've been around for so long, I figure I could do it.

I don't know if I could give my humanity away all the way. You can choose to feel or not as a vampire, I just didn't tell her that. I didn't want her light to become dark. I want her though. All of her, in life and in death. I could trick her into changing me. I could make her change me. I could 'accidentally' hurt myself that all I could do is either die or become a vampire. I know she still loves me enough to save me. More like hope. That's all I have right now. Hope, Faith, and Love, all for her. My Annabelle. She will be mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VOTE, COMMENT, ENJOY. PAHLEASE!

<3JESSICA