Love Breakdown chpt.7 :P

I'd like to thank Zazzy for waking me up and realizing I was moving too fast with the story! Thanks Girlie! ;D

Wednesday. Surely it was just the middle of the week. Same old school day.

Today Wade was missing again. It started to feel like forever that I hadn't seen him. He hadn't been to school since Monday. School was surprisingly torture without Wade. I wandered halls trying to convince myself I wasn't looking for him.

But then I would catch myself not looking where I was going on purpose, just hoping he'd slam me into the lockers any moment now.

But no.

It never happened. I sat through all my classes and played soccer in team sports when it came. I was on the verge of not caring anymore. Because to me? Not seeing Wade was the end of my world.

Knowing me, he had packed up with his family and moved away because that's just my luck.

I had to keep asking myself the last couple days, why do you love someone who is such an ass to you? How does it even work that way?

The final bell rang for the day and I sighed picking up my slightly heavy tote and laptop and scurried on the bus before I missed it. The whole ride home I had to listen to sad slow songs on my ipod.

I walked in my driveway in the pouring rain and slumped in the house, soaking wet. I changed into some dry soft university sweats and one of my vintage beatle's tees.

I had just copped a spot on the soft leather couch when I saw faint headlights coming up the hill of my drive. I quickly realized who they belonged to and my nerves instantly took over.

It had to be Wade.

I got up and went to my front door looking out the window as he made his way up the steps, all the while getting drenched in the evil rain. He had a frustrated expression of thought on his face that I didn't quite understand.

I threw the door open to a surprised Wade.

" Oh, um, Janelle, you are home."

I didn't want him to see my true feelings behind me being excited he was here. Or nervous for that matter.

" Yeah? What did you expect? It is my house."

" Well, y yes, I.. I know." He stuttered at a loss for explanation as to why he was here.

" And....?"

" And I just came to return your book." He held out a book I had never seen before.

" Well, thanks but I have no clue what that book is."

His face fell and turned a crimson color then went white as he explained himself some more. " Oh, well I could have sworn it was yours. I'm sorry I bothered you then..." He looked to the floor with such a hurt face and his eyes were wide with known regret. He started to turn out the door and down the steps.

He was already down the steps when I yelled, " Wade!" He snapped his head around and I ran out the door and started down the steps to thank him but caught my foot on a loose nail and felt myself falling, yet again.

The splintery stairs got closer and closer to my face as I was on my way to a broken nose and I shut my eyes out of fright.

My body came in contact with something much softer than hardwood stairs and I started to reverse directions being stood back up. My eyes were still shut tight when I heard a voice say, " Janelle, it's okay, open your eyes, you're all right." I opened them slowly to a soft cottony material and black buttons.

Wade's busty arms wrapped around my waist holding me close to him, I looked up into his eyes and he had an amused expression occupying it.

I felt my face heat up despite the cold rain pouring down on me from the roof.

" You're all right, but extremely clumsy." Wade continued. I just kept looking in his eyes and he lost the amused expression he once held.

He had a certain look on his face that was unreadable and confusing. I blinked breaking the spell and he pulled away, unlatching his arms from around my waist and backing up a few paces.

" Yeah?" He asked and I almost forgot I yelled his name and the reason I came out here in the first place.

" Oh, yeah, I just wanted to say thank you, you know, for your... concern."

His face flashed back to the real Wade, the jerk one.

" Uhh, it wasn't my choice to return it to you!" He was almost trying to think of an explanation of whose choice it was but nothing else came out.

I just wanted him to leave if he was going to be like that so I just shook my head in disgust and said, " Whatever Wade." And turned around heading back in my house. I didn't even bother to look back to see if he had left and just ran up the stairs into my room, slammed my door and started to bawl.

I did not understand him and why he had to be the way he is. I wondered when he was ever going to give up the whole ass-ish charade and confess why he does the things he does.

I've caught glimpses of the true Wade and I was going to work my way to uncover it fully. I was going to make him want me by hating him and even if it was a long, hard process I would get there. I was determined.

Wade Logan will not know what hit him. Starting Monday and ending when he gives up.