Unfaithful - 32

Ruby's P.O.V.

“ Have you seen the paper this morning?” I asked with humour as I walked back into my bedroom.

Tobias was lounging on my bed with his arms behind his neck and the sheet pulled up to his waist because he wasn’t wearing anything underneath. I smiled to myself about that and took a sip of my coffee as I joined him on the bed.

The paper that I had in front of me had a full front page picture of the kiss Tobias and I shared on the red carpet. There was a whole double page about the both of us and how I had come to New York by myself but suddenly turned up to the premier with a new man. I held the front page up to him and he looked at it thoughtfully.

“ What’s it say?” He asked curiously.

“New Hottie on the block as the new hottest couple of 2012, Ruby Ryan and Tobias Richardson storm the red carpet with a trail of surprised press and co-stars behind them. Tobias Richardson who is completely unknown to anyone arrived with Ruby Ryan and the couple interacted with one another as if they had been together forever. From the sounds of some interviews from the carpet Richardson sounds as if he’s not from around here and if so where is he from? Is this where Ruby Ryan had been hiding all those months?

One thing’s for sure Ruby Ryan’s brought some well earned competition to Darius McLane even if Tobias Richardson is no superstar he certainly is a man that the ladies will be wanting. Darius McLane walked the red carpet with supermodel Regina Wilson but didn’t seem to happy with all the attention on ex-wife Ruby Ryan. Could Mr McLane be finally realising what he’s lost?

Could Ruby Ryan and Tobias Richardson be the new power couple of this year? Only time will tell.” I recited.

“ A man all the women will be wanting. I like that.” He said with a smirk.

“ I don’t think so honey, your all mine.” I told him.

“ I’m all yours.” He stated and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

“ Do you know your mom and the whole town are going to be reading this?” I told him.

“ Oh well, I couldn’t really give a damn anymore.” He said as I snuggled deeper into him.

“ So have you told the director your answer yet?” Tobias asked.

“ No but I have to today otherwise it will be given to someone else.” I said.

“ Darlin’ we talked about this you should take it. Yes it means you’ll be gone for a few months and I’ll be sad to not see you but you should take it Ruby. I’m serious.” He told me.

“ Okay I’ll do it.” I said as I placed my paper down and Tobias rolled on top of me as I giggled.

~*~

“ Ruby I found something out in your agreement that you might be interested in.” Winston told me.

“ Sure go ahead.” I said as I sat in my dressing room.

It was about 4 months later and today was my first show, I know what you’re thinking ‘that’s a long time right?’ but it had taken a long 4 months for learning lines and having tutors to teach me how to sing opera, the dancers had to practise and the sets had to be made.

Tobias had left about a month after I had started training and practising because I needed him to go and check on everything back home, he would call me every day in the morning and before I went to bed and we talked to each other about our day and how we were; it was very sweet but I missed him like crazy and couldn’t wait till I could see him again soon.

Rehearsals and vocal practise was tough but it was all part of the Broadway experience, I was tired and exhausted but it just showed how much work I had put into it. I was nervous about my opening show tonight because it was in front of more than a thousand people in a huge theatre while I sang songs that were legendary in the musical business.

I was sitting in my dressing room all by myself, all dressed in my first outfit for my first few scenes, of course at some point I would have to actually run at different points of the show and change and then have my hair and makeup re-done but it was great and so different from filming a movie.

Even though I was nervous a god talk with someone especially Winston was sure to calm me down even if it was about business.

“ Well I scouted out the part of land that makes up the rest of your 20 something acres and found that half of it was actually the whole of the forest. There’s also 4 huge fields behind it that stretch over to an old fence, the whole things is huge Ruby. It took me a whole day to look all of it over but that wasn’t just the interesting part, I was walking along the forest line when I heard gun shots and this weird squealing sound. When I got a bit closer I saw that it was a group of men taking turns in shooting at a huge heard of wild horses on the first field of your land, I saw Mayor Anniston and Sherriff Locksley with them. I left before they could see me and went back a bit later on to check on the heard, I found 6 horses dead.” He told me.

I thought about the new information he had given to me and wondered still wondered why I hadn’t been told about my other parts of land. The heard was a different matter completely and with Mayor Anniston and Sheriff Locksley taking a group of their friends out to shot them means their also shooting my property. Seeing as it was all my land they would be trespassing anyway. What I didn’t get was how we couldn’t of heard the gunshots.

“ Okay, I need you to photograph and catalogue everything you can find or see so that I can investigate it when I come back. If you find any bullets collect them and hide everything in the safe that’s behind the portrait of my mom in my room. I’ll try and be back soon but I have at least another few months to go.” I explained.

“ I can do that, if I collect enough and take enough pictures for evidence maybe we could figure out what’s going on around here and take it to the court.” He said.

“ That’s what I was thinking.” I mused.

“ Well I gotta go, good luck with tonight Ruby I know you’ll be great.” He said and hung up.

I placed my phone down on my vanity and sat there just thinking for a moment when a knock was sounded on my door, Tyler Doyle my director walked in before I could even reply and gave me a bright smile.

“ You ready for tonight Ruby?” He asked.

“ Of course.” I said with a fake cheerfulness.

Don’t get me wrong Tyler was a great guy and everything but I found him to be really creepy and sexual sometimes with the way he acted around me and it made me very comfortable, hence why I was praying for him to leave my dressing room very soon.

“ We’ll you’re due on stage in 5 minutes.” He said walking towards me.

“ Well then I better get going.” I said as I got up from my chair quickly

Tyler stopped in his tracks and backtracked, holding my door open for me as I walked out and towards the stage. I could feel him staring a hole in my back but kept my head high as I chatted with some people on my way.

I stood in the middle of the stage as I waited for the curtain to be pulled and I could start. I took a few breaths and adjusted the headset I was wearing, Tyler had told me straight out that I couldn’t wear the one Charity had given me for Christmas and I was quite annoyed by it but I guess that was just the way it was.

I heard clapping as the curtain pulled up and the music started. Here goes nothing.