Unfaithful - 26

Ruby's P.O.V.

I woke up on the morning of Christmas Eve to birds singing outside my window, I still had my head on Tobias’s chest while he snored softly with his head tipped back. I looked around and saw that it was about 8 o’clock and was about to get up when a strange feeling came over me.

I felt something rising up my throat and threw Tobias’s arm off of me as I ran for my bathroom, I heard his snores break off and him sit up with a start but I was already over the toilet coughing my guts up. I hadn’t been sick in about a week so it was no surprise that it had come back now.

I heard Tobias’s feet against the tiles in my bathroom and then felt my hair being held back from my face as I continued to throw up.

Once I was done I spit the last of the puke out of my mouth and walked over to my sink to brush and rinse the foul taste from my mouth. I looked in the mirror in front of me and saw some bags under my eyes and my skin was lighter than its normal dark chocolate. I leant my arms on both sides of the sink and took a few breaths.

“ Ruby?” Tobias asked softly.

I sniffed slightly as I felt a few tears fall down my cheeks, I couldn’t believe I had made my body like this just for a stupid movie and now I would be stuck for months throwing up at any moment or even after I had done something physical like dancing.

I didn’t turn to look at him but looked at him through the mirror instead and wiped the tears from my eyes. He looked worried and I gave him a sad smile.

“ There’s something I need to tell you, only a few people know and they live in this house. My dad doesn’t even know.” I told him.

“ What is it?” He asked moving closer to me.

I turned to him then and faced him as I squared my shoulders, he would have found out sooner or later so I should just tell him now and get it over with but I couldn’t help but think he would think of me differently if I did tell him.

“ You see I have this thing called Bulimia which means that I’m sick a lot, I have it because on the movie I just finished filming I had to go to the gym a lot and work out all the time. The doctor said that I pushed my body too far and now it’s telling me to stop so I’m stuck with it for awhile.” I said in one breath.

He was quiet and I thought the worst until he pulled me to him and held me tight against him. I leant against him as I felt his heart beat and breathed in his sent, it drove me crazy like it always did and I felt him nuzzle his face in my neck. I closed my eyes and kissed his cheek then pulled away.

“ You’re not going to think differently of me are you?” I asked.

“ Differently? Darlin’ now why would I do that, your perfect to me and I’m sure we can get you back to normal again.” He said.

I chuckled and kissed him on the lips then broke away after giving him a hug. I hopped into the shower and Tobias joined me without any hesitation, we had a little fun but go down to business and washed properly.

We only took about half an hour and soon we were both out and getting changed, I changed into a red blouse and a black pencil skirt for today’s concert and then started drying my hair. It went curly as soon as I applied heat from my hair dryer and when I brushed it through it just pinged back again, I was used to it by now and I liked my hair the way it was so I didn’t mind.

I didn’t add any makeup or jewellery because if I put it on now my make up would have rubbed off by the time of the show and I didn’t like wearing certain bits of jewellery for very long but of course I kept my mom’s locket around my neck where it would stay forever now.