Unfaithful - 11

Ruby's P.O.V.

It was the morning of my 5th week here in Maseru and I loved it. Things were still tense with the guy’s but it was their stubbornness that was keeping them from accepting Tobias. I now only had a few weeks left and then I could start getting myself back to normal again, I had been to the town’s doctor and he had told me that it was to be expected that I would still be throwing up for sometime after.

It was about 6am, a normal time for me to get up now as I had gotten into a routine over the past weeks and it felt good to have some actually rest without having to get up at ridiculous times to film a scene. I was currently making my escape over to the stables; I would do this every morning just to get away before everyone woke up so I could be in town before practise started. It was a Thursday and practice started at 7:30 so I had an hour and 30 minutes before I actually had to be there.

It was getting warm already and by midday it would be unbearable. I entered the stables and walked over to the tack room where I retrieved Beasts bridle and saddle. He nickered in greeting to me and I rubbed his face softly, I saddled him quickly and led him out of the stables. Once we were out I heaved myself onto his back with the help of the metal railings, he was so tall I couldn’t get on him by myself. I kicked him into a gallop and we made our way into town quickly and semi-quietly.

The town was already awake before I got there, I watched as the local stores opened and the sun came out from behind the hills. I jumped off of Beast and tied him to the wooden railings on the side of the main road. I made sure he had enough hay and water then started my walk towards the local fruit stall.

“ Good morning Grace.” I greeted the stall owner.

“ Why good mornin’ miss Ruby.” She greeted back with a smile.

“ Did you enjoy the Accapella competition last week?” I asked.

The competition went well for the group even though I didn’t perform with them. Charity and I agreed that it would only be right that I watched how they performed first before actually performing with them. The competition they competed in was like an audition to get into the higher levels to the real competition. In the end Lyrical Life had gotten though along with Silver Note, Changing Key’s and our enemies Political Harmony. I mean Political Harmony were great and I mean really great, I thought they would win the competition from that one song they did but there had to be a selection. On the day of the competition backstage I had heard from Jules that Political Harmony had tried to slip something into everyone’s water, I was shocked that they would go that far but they were out to win.

“ I loved it miss Ruby, Political Harmony were very good but I preferred Silver Note. It’s good to have some different groups competing and I feel Political Harmony had lost the real reason why they started the group.” She told me.

“ I think your right, I watched them perform and weren’t really feeling them.” I agreed.

“ Have you heard there’s a new member that’s joined Lyrical Life? I heard Charity told her sister that there’s a new member, word spreads fast around here but no one knows who the new member is.” She said excitably.

“ Calm down Grace I’m sure whoever had joined them has been welcomed and does it because they love what they do.” I said in a calming tone.

“ Do you know who it is?” She asked hopefully.

“ Sorry Grace but I don’t. You’ll just have to wait and see at the quarter final.” I told her with a soft smile.

I didn’t mean to lie but well the group and I all wanted it to be a surprise I mean who would have thought the new girl, Ruby Ryan would join an Accapella group only a few days after she got here. I stayed and talked to Grace for a little while after but the town was getting busier and I had to be in rehearsal in half an hour.