Chapter 20 (Final)

Chapter 20

Clyde’s POV

People were rushing in and out of the airport and I was honestly surprised that Ivan didn’t throw a tantrum or something. It was as if he was beginning to accept me that I was not the Clyde who switched partners like switching clothes anymore.

I stood close to Blake as he and Ivan was talking about precautions and safety. Gavin was ever loyally stood next to Ivan. Despite us going our separate ways this time, me started working while he continued his study we were still best friends and we still talked shit with each other except about the Wyse’s brothers.  It was almost funny but touching to see Gavin behaved this way with Ivan, as if Ivan was the most precious thing in his eyes. His world revolved around the older male and I was glad because if anything, he had become more focused, determined and passionate in his interests.

“I’ve called mom this morning and she told me to call her every day,” Blake informed his brother. “You should. You still don’t know where you’re heading?” Ivan said and eyed me. I smiled knowing he had no way of knowing where we would be going. There were dozens flights departing around our departure time so he could keep guessing. “Clyde says it’s a secret until we get to the gate,” Blake replied, smiling at me but I sensed he was getting impatient now.

“Well, considering you’re wearing jackets it’s not somewhere hot safe to say,” Gavin spoke, squeezing Ivan’s shoulder. The latter was unaffected, as if it was normal for them to act that way. “Well, I guess we should go now,” I started and to my surprise Ivan stepped forward and hugged me.

I was stunned and stared at Blake who looked surprised but amused. “Take good care of Blake for me,” he whispered and let go. He then hugged Blake who returned his embrace equally and Ivan pecked a kiss on his little brother’s cheek before letting go. “Call or text me when you get there,” he said, with a grim smile. Blake was almost in tears. “Geez, Ivan. It’s only for a week. I’ll call you every day. Don’t worry,” he said.

I had understood what Blake and Ivan were to each other. To Ivan, Blake was his brother and son. And to Blake, Ivan was his brother and father. It was only normal for them to be concerned with each other like this.

“I’ll take great care of him,” I said to Ivan and nodded to Gavin. “Have fun, man,” Gavin said and mocked punch my arm.

Blake and Ivan embraced each other again before saying goodbye. I had checked in our bags prior when I told Blake to wait for Ivan and Gavin at the main lobby. So we headed immediately to the check in counter to enter the boarding area.

I took out the tickets in my jacket pocket and noticed Blake was glaring at me. I smiled and sneaked a kiss on his nose before passing him his ticket. He looked down at the ticket and back up at me with eyes so big I could lost in them.

“FRANCE!?”

888888888888888888888888888888888

Blake’s POV

I didn’t know what to expect when Clyde told me of his plans. He said to just give him his passport so I did. France! I was so overwhelmed by his surprise that I was still holding his hands when we got into our hotel near the countryside. He said he had relatives living in the area so he knew his way. Now I just learned he had French blood which was awesome.

It was already 10pm when we checked into a countryside styled hotel but the room we got was actually a suite, complete with a set of small kitchen, dining area, living room with a moderate sized flat screen television and a humongous bathroom. We had our dinner on the plane.