Chapter 12

Chapter 12 

Blake’s POV

“I don’t care. I’m staying with you tonight,” I exclaimed as I put some of my clothes into my back pack. I had entrusted Clyde to look after my room for the night which he gladly accepted. He said he will be making love with my bed alone with a pout. I laughed at his antics.

Ivan sat cross legged on my bed and rolled his eyes. “I’m fine, Blake,” he said. He sounded tired. I mean, who wouldn’t. This time, it was taking it too far. Chloroform? Really? I shivered at the possibilities at what would happen to my brother. He was also my father. I can’t leave him like this. A thought crossed my mind.

“Would you rather have Gavin stays with you then?” I suggested, peering at him. He caught my glare and gave me his dirty eyes. “Why him?”

“Well,” I said and sat next to him. “I pretended not to see but I saw you kissed him,” I said, wiggling my eyebrows. Honestly, as far as I can remember I never saw my brother with anyone. I wasn’t even sure if he ever dated. I mean, look at him. He should have gone out with someone before right? Unlike me.

“I did not!” he denied. “On the cheek!” I added. He wanted to refute but he couldn’t. His face reddened and he slapped me at the back of the head. “Owww!”

“Shut your mouth!” he said. “Just send me back to my hotel. I’ll be fine on my own tonight,” he said and got up from my bed. I groaned and agreed anyway, leaving my bag behind. Though, I had an idea.

........................................................................

Ivan’s POV

Why did this happen to me? I was no one. A nobody. All I was good at was my job. I love nature. I didn’t care about anything else except my mom and brother. Why were people, guys especially kept coming at me? I didn’t ask for this. I’ve heard several people admitted to me that they find me attractive, both males and females and some even asking me out. I was uncomfortable with the idea of being committed with someone when my focus was on my study and research so I rejected them.

I sat up on in the tub and relished the feel of the warm water lapping over my skin. My hand was cleaned and bandaged by Blake just now and I covered it with plastic so it won’t get wet. I blushed when I remembered Gavin kissed my hand beforehand. After a while mulling around, I got up and dried myself. I wrapped the towel around my waist and got out from the bathroom into my room. I wore a grey t-shirt and just a pair of short black boxers and proceed to dry my hair. Damn my thick hair. I mentally cursed myself when I remembered I forgot to tell Blake to fetch me in the morning. Then I cursed again when I remembered my phone was lying somewhere in the faculty bathroom. I made a note to myself to go find it at the lost and found staff room. I guessed I had to take the taxi in the morning then.

All of a sudden, someone pressed the doorbell. I quickly became alerted and grabbed a remote control as a mean of protection although a useless one and moved towards the door. I peered through the hole and sighed. I opened the door to see Gavin waving at me with a shy smile. He had a bag across his shoulder.

“Did Blake send you?” I asked before he could say anything. He pursed his lips. “That’s…not what he wanted me to say but basically, yes. He wants me to stay with you tonight,” he said, standing still as if waiting for my order. “What time is it now?” I asked. He looked at his watch. “Eleven.” I looked at him. “What time does your first class starts?” He looked up as if trying to remember. “Nine.”

I sighed loudly and moved away from the door and beckoned him to come in. He smiled and I swore, he purposedly moved by me and touched my chest with his arms. The friction caught me off guard and I kind of shrieked in surprise. He turned around and cocked an eyebrow. I glared at him and locked the door.