Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Blake’s POV

I knew he was moping and sulking as he just stared at me putting clothes into my small luggage. My finals were over but we were allowed to stay at the dorm until the last paper from whichever course was taken, which was another 3 weeks. Clyde’s last paper would be tomorrow but he had not moved from my room to study at all which I scolded him since this morning but it had no effect on him.

“Clyde, it’s only going to be for 3 days,” I tried to persuade him.

He looked up at me as if I said something so hurtful. “And two nights not sleeping with you!” he countered and crossed his arms on his chest. Oh, boy.

I sighed gently and looked at the time. It was almost 7 and I was starting to feel hungry. As I was about to ask Clyde whether we were eating out or buy a take-out his stomach growled in response. However he kept staring at me. “Not hungry.”

I chuckled and dropped whatever I was holding onto the empty bed. I walked slowly towards him with a smirk. I climbed on the bed and settled on his lap with my legs sprawled next to his legs. I saw he gulped. I intentionally grind so his groin was directly under my ass. I cupped his face and kissed him gently. “But, I am,” I said, trying to make a sad face.

His pout broke and he giggled. “Darn it, Blakey!” he wrapped his arms around my waist and squeezed gently. “What do you feel like eating tonight?” he asked. I thought for a moment. “We could just eat at the café since you have your last paper tomorrow morning. I haven’t seen you open a book all day, Clyde,” I said. He shrugged. “I knew the subject. I know I can excel at it. I don’t have to study at the last minute. I’m not a cramming like Gavin,” he said and rolled his eyes. Despite Gavin being one of the top students in his course, he was known to cram last minute and I didn’t know why but when Ivan found out he went berserk. Gavin was temporarily a captive to Ivan and he had to study while waiting for Ivan to finish his work.

I asked Clyde what was up with both of them but even he didn’t know. I tried asking Gavin but he just gave me a ‘disgusting’ smile as how Clyde would describe it and asking Ivan himself didn’t help. He just glared at me and made a face like saying ‘would you like to know?’ But I knew there was something more to both of them. I saw how protective Gavin was to him and how easily my brother let Gavin in.

Slowly pushing off the bed, I took Clyde’s hands as we left the dorm. There were still students around the dorm despite lots of them had their last paper. Most of the freshmen had already flew back home by the way.

Clyde suddenly tugged my hand as soon as we reached outside. I turned and cocked an eyebrow, questioning.

“Let’s go to the diner outside,” he suggested. I contemplated but agreed anyway. Our cars were next to each other and we played rock, paper and scissors to see whose car we’d be using. Some students were passed us by just shook their heads. Both Clyde and I didn’t mind which car we’d be using but we liked to be playful once in a while.

On our way to the diner, we talked about songs and bands we liked. Clyde surprised me when he said he listened to songs from different countries around the world from time to time, from France to Japan to Germany. I wouldn’t be surprised though if he knew the German language since it was one of the best engineering countries, if not the best.

We also shared our mutual interest in technology as he admitted he liked my photos from the day we first met, which I blushed when I remembered. It was awkward of me but he sincerely told me that was the day I captivated him. And I blushed even harder.

We arrived at the diner and the waitress was already smiling and putting her hands on her hips as if she had been waiting for us.

“Well, it’s been a while since I saw you two boys. Now, what can I get you?” she asked, beaming when she saw us holding hands. Another thing about Croxton was that it was like an unwritten rule that you do not bother other people, despite of difference of races, religions, beliefs and opinions. That was what made Croxton stood out from other universities and we still produced some best graduates and researchers there were.