Chapter 19

Chapter 19

 Blake’s POV

Clyde had finally went through his internship and he was offered a permanent position much to his delight. It was his dream job and I was happy he got it. I just entered my final year as a senior and I had started living with Ivan who was granted a long term contract with Croxton University. He had rented an apartment between the campus and the city. I didn’t know how he got the place as it was high demand. He looked bitter when I asked him but then said someone helped him to get it. Ivan was a tremendously dependent person so I knew it irked him that he needed someone’s help to get an apartment.

Blake had gotten an apartment quite close to our apartment so I was happy we were still few walks away from each other. As for us, we still haven’t had sex yet much to my disappointment surprisingly. Blake was busy with his internship while I was busy helping out Ivan when I was in my second year. Freshmen were not allowed to assist researchers in our university.

But now, I was a senior, there were fewer subjects and more on thesis writing in my last two semesters which I was grateful for. It meant I had more time with Blake and now that he had a full time position, he had time for me too.

As for Gavin, he had continued with his Master and would proceed with his PhD so I was seeing him in campus all the time alongside my brother. I wanted to believe this pleased Ivan so much that Gavin was staying. These two were hiding something I swore.

Matthew Doyle was immediately fired from his position and he was currently serving two years in jail and another year of patrol and plus, he was banned from entering Croxton again and we managed to get a restraining order against him if he got out. I felt sorry for the guy, he clearly needed to go to a therapy session.

“Blakey!” I heard a familiar voice that sent tingles in my skin and looked up. Clyde walked towards me with a smile on his face. He was wearing a soft blue button up shirt with folded sleeves in dark denim and brown and white boots. He looked like he just got off from work seeing he brought along his faux leather sling back which contained his Ipad and some other gadgets.

I beamed at him when he leaned down and kissed my forehead. He sat across of me and quickly grabbed my right hand and kissed my knuckles. He had developed that habit since the incident a year ago. He would always kiss my knuckles when we went out to meet up like this.

“I’ve missed you,” I said after the waiter took our orders and went away. He looked surprised at first and grinned widely.

The sun was already setting and we enjoyed our dinner just like any other couple. He was talking about work while I talked about school. And he enjoyed throwing in some dirty jokes which I should have got used to but he was so unpredictable and refreshing.

“Hey, next week is your mid sem holiday, right?” Clyde asked as we walked towards his car. He still had his old car even though it broke down few times for the last couples of months. Sentimental reasons, he said. “Yep,” I confirmed. I knew where this was going and I was looking forward to it.

“Okay. Just asking,” he replied and we got into the car. I frowned at that. Was I wrong? I stared at him for a while then back to look at the road ahead of us. He parked his car at his apartment and he walked me back to my apartment. We made out for a while in front of the door until Ivan opened the door, scowling at us.

“What’s wrong?” Ivan asked when I shut the door. I sighed. “Just now, Clyde asked if next week in the mid sem holiday which I said yes. Then, that’s it,” I told him, slumping on the couch with my legs on his lap.