Chapter 2

Sorry for updating late ...Here is the chapter.Hope you like it.

Jessica's POV

The bell rang that the school was over,I could see Mike with his football pals in the field,having one last practise for the term.Every student was enjoying themselves.They were discussing about the party to night and their plans for the holidays.I tried my best to stop all the sounds from my ears.I can even hear the people hitting the football.I was used to this,as a half vampire I have very good hearing.

'Hey! wanna have lunch with me in the new cafe they opened last week?"

I snapped out of my thoughts hearing Angela's voice.I wasn't really hungry and by the way I had nothing to do and she was my best friend.

" Ya,sure and let;s see what that shop has for us and enjoy the last day of school." I said turning to her and giving a smile.

Throwing my bag full of books into the back seat of the car I wore my  sunglasses,which were quite expensive.I started te car and soon we were out of the crappy thing every one was talking about.I loved driving especially over the speed limit.

"So,Mike told me that you wanted to breakup"She said looking at me.

I knew this was coming and I wasn't in a mood to talk about relationships.I knew Angela better than anyone and if I deny this she is going to keep nagging me till I say something.

"Yup"I said giving her a smile which said"no matter how many times you tell me I am not doing it!"

"Oh!Do you like someone else that you haven't told me?"She said looking at me once again as I changed the lanes.

"No,and seriously you think even if I like someone I wont tell you? " I said raising my eyebrow as we stopped at the traffic light.

"You better and Mike-

"And can we please stop talking about Mike?I said cutting her off.

"Ya, so what are you going to do this summer?"She asked me as we entered the parking lot.

"I don't know,I didn't even think about it"I told her as we got out of the car.

Ravenswood was a small but very beautiful city in Ohio.Most  of the people knew each other,I loved it here.I was here since my Grand Pa wanted me to stay with me.That was 3 years ago.

We took  a seat outside.Today was a sunny day but the air was a bit cold.We ordered Pasta since Angela tried it with her sister once.I didn't have much of an appetite,so I ate only half.In between we talked about the weather, and made fun of people who we always hated as usual.Soon ,I was back to my normal self.We didn't even realise it was almost four in the afternoon and Angela told that she needed to go and get ready for the nights party.

"You coming?"She asked when I parked infront of her house.

"No,I am very tierd and I need to relax after all the crazy stuff and Grand Pa's death"I said and chuckled.She knew how I felt and that's why she was my best friend.She gave me hug and told that she wil call me tomorrow with that she left.

I was tierd when I reached home.I ran straight to my room in seconds and went to the bathroom.I let the cold water run down my body.I felt refreshed and all the stress and sadness inside me washed away.Wearing a pair of flowery shorts that Angela got for me while shopping last week and a light blue t-shirt I sat on my window seat and opened the envelope my Grand Pa gave me.There was a letter and some other things,I took out the letter and opened it.

My lovely Jessie,

You are like a daughter to me.I  love you more than anything in the world.I know that that I am going to die sooner or later so I thought better be ready than regret.

I want you to do this favor fr me and do as I say and have a good and a safe life.There is an address and a phone number on a paper in the envelope and an admission to Mystic Falls High School.I have already admitted you,and you only have to show the printed letter singed by me.And you are going to live with a very good relative of mine,Jenna.Give her a call before you go and I know she will love to have you there.There is something else I want to give you and it is something that will protect you and will remind you that you are not alone in this world.I love you so much and I want you live a happy and a health life.I am lucky to spend my life with you.I am never going to forget you in my future.

I will be watching you from heaven when you are reading this.

Love you always and forever,

Grand Pa

A tear rolled down my cheek,I missed him so much.His smile,jokes and the stories he told me of his childhood.From the envelope fell a necklace and a photo.I picked up the necklace carefully between my fingers.It was a beautiful silver necklace and had a heart pendant.I opened the heart to see a picture of my self and Grand Pa and on the opposite side it was written"No on is alone in this world".I smiles and wiped the tears.I unhooked and wore the necklace.It fit me perfectly.I picked up the photo which was quite old.It was a photo of my mom with a very handsome man.My father.The photo was almost worn out and I could tell that it was take even before I was born.Mom looked exactly like me.She looked so pretty.

I took out anothother paper.It was a printed letter for my school.In another paper there was an address with a phne number.And I know as Grand Pa said now it was time to leave the past behind and start a new life n a new place.

i laughed to my self and felt a lot better.Grand Pa knew me better than anyone,even better than my own mother.

Soon,I realised I was hungry.I ran to the kitchen and took out a blood bag from the cooler.In minutes I was sitting in front of the TV flipping through the channels.

Yup.it's time to move on....

Hope you guys like the chapter.Please comment and tell me how it is.:)