Chapter Nine

I sat there waiting for him to answer me. I wonder if he could. I had been shock to see his body there. I am trying to put it together in my head and I'm not able to come up with anything. I am lost. He is there and here. It's really, well, creepy. For a lack of a better term.

"Axe?" I whispered.

"I am not truly dead, Cay. My wolf's soul is still in there keeping me alive. This is my human soul. I need your help to get this soul back in there, so I can get you out of here and back to my brother. Who I know is missing you like crazy, along with everyone else. Please help!" he pleaded looking me in the eyes.

"Of course I will! You don't have to ask." I sternly said to him. He smiled at me. "One problem." I said in a dead tone. 

'What?" he asked, lost. Really Axe! Lost at a time like this! Lord!

"How am I to get out of here? Non like you my ghostly friend, I can't exactly float threw walls. Not the way it works." I explained. He gave me an 'Ah, got ya' look.

"Um, I'll think of something." he mumbled, looking kind of embarrassed. This is priceless. To bad no one can witness it. Ah, well. 

"Axe?" I called out. He didn't answer and  I looked around to see he was no where in sight. Where did he go!

"Cay!" Axe called out. I stood up and walked over to the door to see Axe grinning like a mad man. What is he up to now?

"What?" I asked. He lifted up a key. I smiled and nodded for him to unlock the door. He did just that and I was free of the musty cellar. I walked out into the hall, looking around. I decided to go the way they took me earlier to see Roman. Ass! "Ok, so what are we doing now?" I asked while walking up the stairs.

"Go to the room where they have my body and lets get my human soul back in." he made it sound simple. Yeah, right nothing is ever simple as it seems. 

"Alright." I muttered and followed Axe back to his room. The house is actually nice. Modern and clean. Surprised with it bing males here only. Well that I know of. It didn't take long to get to the bedroom that held Axe. My guess is he comes back here often to check on his body, not that I can blame him.

We got to his room and there he laid. He was very good looking. I walked over to him and laid my hand on his forehead. He wasn't cold or hot. It was like he is just sleeping. I was thinking on how I could get his soul back into his body, but came up short. I don't even know how they did it. 

"Psst!" Axe hissed. I turned to look at him, only to see him standing outside his door.

"Get in here." I whispered shouted. 

"I can't. Whatever is protecting this door, won't let me. I know they had a witch here, as well as a medium. So find something that looks like it's warding my soul to stay out." he explained. Great. See nothing is ever simple. 

I got to looking around the room and trying to find something that looked like it held magic. This is going to take forever. I search everywhere and came up short. I looked back at Axe, only to see it wasn't Axe there anymore, but Trevor. He was leaning against the door with his arms crossed, smirking at me.

"Wow, I would love to know how you got out of the cellar." he taunted. 

"Shut up, traitor!" I hissed at him. His smirk only grew bigger. "Bet you told them what I am huh? Told him I was Byron's mate?"  I sneered at him.