Chapter one.

A/N: Enjoy! x

(edited)

PART ONE

•••

Harry's POV

"Harry, it's time for dinner!" My mum called. I slowly walked downstairs, remembering to be polite as I stepped into the kitchen. Tonight's dinner was soup and salad, a simple meal. I am scheduled for a royal meeting, so it has to be quick. My mum doesn't cook all that much since she is Queen, but occassionally she is constructed to do so.

When your mum is the queen of London, life isn't fun and games. It's royalty. You must know the royal handbook, you must use manners, you must always sit up straight, you must..well, you get the point.

"Prince Harold, may I get you some wine?" My butler, Adrian, asked me. I nodded even though I didn't like the bitter taste of it. My family always drinks it and it's only necessary. I suppose it has something to do with being fancy.

"Here you are, sir." He laid a glass out in front of me and grinned.

"Thank you, Adrian. You may have the rest of your night off, that is if something doesn't come up." I told him. He deserves it. He works a bit too hard for our family sometimes. It's crazy all that he does for us.

"As you please, Prince." He sent me a small smile and walked up to the guest bedroom where he currently stays. I brought my glass of wine to my lips and took in the bitter taste that pursed my lips.

"Hon, finish your dinner then put on your suit for the meeting. Don't take too long because I want to get back early, and you do have school tomorrow." Anne sipped on her wine, staring at me intently.

"Alright, mum." I placed my napkin in my lap and picked up my salad fork, making sure I wiped my mouth after every bite. Apparently, we are supposed to do that. And you think your parents are strict? The meeting sounded quite important, so I did my best to behave well.

When all of my dinner was gone, I went into my room and put on a suit. I tied up my black dress shoes, then fixed my curls, trying to tame them in some decent way.

"Harold Edward! Hurry, darling." I sighed and made a quick stop to use the bathroom. When I finished, my large hands fumbled for a small toothbrush, then I brushed them throughly. My feet carried me downstairs and into the limo.

The ride was silent and uncomfortable. My father stared out into the window with an expression I couldn't read. My mum stared at her hands that were placed firmly in her lap. And I, I was wondering what was going on. Why everyone looked so depressed. Another sigh left my lips.

"Styles family, we're here now. I'll be back to pick you up around 8:00." The driver announced. That gives us three hours to talk. My family and I got out and walked inside the Ballroom. I nearly tripped on my mother's long dress, causing my cheeks to heat.

Our guards, my aunt, and some lady I didn't recognise, along with three girls I didn't recognise sat in the room waiting for us. Their eyes were glued on me, and it was honestly the freakiest thing in the entire world. I should be use to that.

"Hello, Queen Anne and family. This is a meeting directed to Prince Harold, mainly." I gulped and felt my heart beat faster. If only I could tell it to slow down.

"Harold, you don't know me, but I am in control of all marriages that go on in London," the lady said. Her eyes held my gaze. "My name is Julia Leigh."

"Marriages?" I asked. Julia nodded and smiled. "Why are you here? I'm not getting married. Hell, I'm not even in a relationship with anyone."

"Harold Styles, we do not swear openly!" My mum yelled. "I'm sorry, Julia. He's still learning and he's such an embarassment to this whole family." My green eyes turned dark as I glared at my mum. Since when do I embarass everyone?