11

I groaned lowly as Patrick's phone started playing on the bedside table. He woke up bleary eyed, and kissed me on the head as I snuggled into him. Luckily, he had forgotten my actions earlier and I didn't have to beg forgiveness like I would usually.

I watched as he checked the caller ID. To my surprise, instead of being angry or annoyed, he seemed slightly surprised.

"Hello?" he answered tentatively.

His voice was soft, not wanting to wake up our guests. I looked at him, and then he got out of the bed, trying hard not to make me uncomfortable.

I watched him from the bed, cold and alone. Steph and Aaron were asleep in the bedrooms close to us. They had decided not to sleep together till they're married. After about 10 minutes, of me trying not to fall asleep, I heard the soft padding of Patrick's feet against our carpet. 

I sighed, and curled around as he brought me closer after getting in bed. He kissed the back of my head and I felt him relax next to me. I slowly fell back into my deep sleep, with the comforting arms of Patrick around me. He still made me feel safe.

The next morning, I was busy watching Sky News in the kitchen, munching on some toast and occasionally taking a sip of coffee. Patrick walked in, dressed in his training gear. As always he looked sexy and before he could make his routine morning protein shake, I gave him a kiss. He kissed me back and then hugged me.

"Morning." I smiled at him and he returned it.

I rested my head on his chest.

"Morning lief. Sorry about last night." He apologized softly.

I raised my eyebrows, I didn't know what he was going on about.

"You know... The phone call?" he looked at me, tilting his head to the side.

I shrugged, still not remembering and then he laughed.

"Fernando asked if he can crash here."

I tilted my head to the side, confused. Why would he want to crash here? Then it hit me as I remembered the venting of Olalla a few days ago.

"We're separating."

I nodded, my lips going into an 'O'.

"Why here though?" I looked at him, his expression turning cheerful.

"When we met last December, we became really good friends," I nodded, no wonder they had the bromance thing going on, "and when he told me about Olalla, I told him that if anything should happen he's welcome to sort it out with us. Though, I have to say," And here he brought me closer to him, his hands soft, "I didn't imagine you would be in my arms."

I blushed softly. I then kissed him and felt the all familiar butterflies.

"You know, I'm glad we got back together." His voice was soft, now very serious.

I looked at him and nodded. It was an agonizing time and I was lost for a while but I had him back now. I didn't want anybody but him.

"So am I."

---

Fernando tipped the cab driver as he drove into the driveway. He whistled as he stared at the house. Even Fernando was stunned at the massive and beautiful house. He didn't even own a house like this.

I heard the bell from the lounge, watching Steph go through pictures of wedding gowns. She had decided to do a small wedding on a beach, in South Africa, but she wanted a dress from the UK. I stood up, her watching me as I opened the door.