09

After a while of light chatter, Olalla suddenly burst out crying. I looked at Yolanda surprised and she seemed used to it. She rolled her eyes at me over her friends head, and gave her a reassuring squeeze. I patted Olalla's back awkwardly and she moaned as she started to calm down. I still wasn't very good at comforting people.

"I'm so sorry," she sniffed, "but things have been so bad lately. Nando has decided to leave Liverpool without telling me. I feel so betrayed and I recently just started forgiving him for bringing me here to this cold country."

Her voice was full of agony. I winced as she coughed a bit, her tears making it wet.

"Yolanda, do you have your fags here?" Olalla asked her friend, and she nodded.

I was surprised but followed the two. I didn't smoke and disliked the smell myself but I don't judge though. They were sitting on the chairs that weren't wet from the morning dew and were smoking. I sat down and we started talking again, Olalla revealing more of her agonies.

"Fernando and I have been together for long now. More than 10 years. We met when we were young, in 2001. It was love at first sight but it was in our home country without all the problems here. And well, I miss my beautiful, warm Spain. I'm bored here and everything is just not right here." 

Her Spanish accent over took her words as she vented. She was getting highly emotional and Yolanda was trying to calm her down.

"Calmese, calmese." Yolanda crooned, rubbing her back.

 Olalla took a big fortifying breath and continued her rant.

"He, of course, loves it here because of his work and friends. He doesn't understand the fact that I want to work as well and not shop  all day long like all the other WAGS." She threw her arms out as she said WAGS.

Yolanda didn't look offended, this seemed to be something Olalla has been saying for a very long time. After a few minutes of silence, she seemed to come to a conclusion.

"I'm moving to Spain, and he's staying here. The children will join me and I will protect them from his lifestyle. I have made up my mind, we're separating." Her lips were in a harsh line and Yolanda looked just as stunned as I did. 

Before we could reply, we heard Nora's voice from behind us. She was standing in the doorway, holding on to the door with her tiny hands. Her eyes were big and glassy.

"Mummy, wath theparating?" She sounded curious and naive.

I winced, knowing she won't understand for a long time. Olalla stood up and walked over to Nora, holding her closely.

"I'll talk to you two when we're home with daddy, okay mi amour?" 

Nora nodded and skipped off to the theatre room. I swallowed and eyed the volatile Olalla. I could feel Yolanda also become cautious around her. We didn't want to set her off again. The silence was awkward and painful. I know I wasn't the only one who could feel it.

Luckily, we were saved by the bell. 

Literally. 

The doorbell rung through the house and I went to go open it, feeling grateful for the interruption. I opened the door and to the surprise of the wives, I screamed. Both came running in fear, until they saw me being enveloped in hug by my best friend Steph.

The wives unknowingly to me went to get their kids while we hugged each other to death. 

  "What are you doing here?" I yelled delighted as she let me go.