Chapter 21: Two Weeks. Fourteen Days. Eight Hours.

The day was beautiful- the birds were singing and the sun was shining! Oh, please! The birds were crapping on us every chance they got and the sun was too busy being a wimp, hiding behind the stormy clouds. What a bunch of bologna! Not only was the weather ugly today, but the day until the winter ball was getting...suffocatingly closer.

It also didn't help that every time we saw Kaitlin, she'd be a timer, ticking down the dance to the last minute.

"Two weeks. Fourteen days...including the weekend. Eight hours. Forty minutes." Kaitlin mentions to us as she hops up and down, not being able to sit still for more than five seconds.

"If you don't tape her mouth shut, I will." Mack gives me an incredulous look as continues to glare at Kaitlin, hoping she'll shut up.

"Kaitlin, we have the whole school staff bugging us about it every five seconds, we don't need you bugging us too." I notify her.

"Well, forgive me, I know how you guys are with upcoming events. You should be thanking me for helping you out." She huffs out.

"Is it really considered helping if all you do is screech in our ear and drive us crazy?" Mack sighs.

"Both of you are crankier than usual today and that is neither my fault or problem."

I continue to complain and groan in my head as the line sits still, not moving even a centimeter. I watch as a certain person and their friends pop up from nowhere, cutting at the front of the line.

"Get in the back of the line! We were here first!" I yell out to them as I watch one of the boys turn around to face me.

"Make me!" He gives me an idiotic facial expression, making his friends around him laugh. I continue to walk forward, before getting stopped by Kaitlin.

"Sorry, Marcus! My friends a little cranky today, she didn't sleep very well last night! Continue on with your day!" She waves at him and smiles while he faces around again. I angrily rip my arm out of Kaitlin's grasp to glare at her.

"Really?!"

"I hope Marcus Thornberry trips and falls on his face." Mack says from besides me. "We've been waiting all this time and now we have to wait even longer because your precious pretty boy has no patience."

"Can you guys stop treating him like he's some sort of villain? He's done nothing wrong to you, you barely even know him." Kaitlin says under her breath, making Mack scoff and roll his eyes.

"Kaitlin, open your eyes, he's not a good person- I don't understand how you don't see that."

"It's my life, both of you can just get off of my back. You're not my parents. If I get hurt then I get hurt, oh well, a new life lesson." Kaitlin crosses her arms in front of her chest, staring forward, looking away from us.

I give Mack a side eye as he looks back at me for a quick second.

"We're just trying to help you." I watch Kaitlin as she stares at the back of Marcus' head.

"Both of you can stop now."

I look back at Mack, giving him a small shrug as we continue to wait in line. After what seemed like ten hours, the line started moving once again and we were quickly at the start.

"We have to get a table that's perfectly in between the food bar and the dance floor." Kaitlin turns around to inform us, pulling a paper out of nowhere with the seats and their numbers.

"Where in the world did that come from?" Mack questions as he looks back and forth between Kaitlin and the paper.

"Since the staff didn't want people to argue over the seating arrangements, they didn't hand the papers of the seats out. I do not think that is right so... I took matters into my own hands."

"Should we be scared?" Mack asks hesitantly.

"If you feel you should be." Kaitlin gives Mack an "evil" grin, scrunching her face up like the grinch.

"Nope, you ruined it." He shakes his head at her while she rolls her eyes.

"I think we should get the J table, look how perfect it is, it's practically screeching our names!" Kaitlin squeals as she bounces up and down. "I can't believe we're gonna go to the dance in two weeks, fourteen days, eight hours, and twelve minutes!"

"Oh, please take her batteries out already!" Mack looks up at the sky, waiting for a miracle to happen.

"Give it up," I pat Mack on his shoulder, "she's never going to stop!"

"Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner, ladies and gentlemen!" Kaitlin continues to mimic the sound of an alarm with her mouth as we finally walk into the room. I sigh under my breath as Kaitlin runs over to the table, bouncing up and down on her feet. They say you shouldn't give a mouse a cookie, well you definitely shouldn't give sugar to Kaitlin.

"We'd like to buy J table for three, please!" Kaitlin hollers, making the girl shrink back, covering her ears to make them stop ringing. As the girl recovers, she looks up at Kaitlin with a flat expression.

"That'll be seventy-five dollars." She holds her hand out as Kaitlin digs around in her pocket and hands the girl the money that we gave to her earlier.

The girl opens the cash register, inserting the money as she slowly rips the tickets for the three of us, handing them to Kaitlin with an annoyed look.

"Thanks!" Kaitlin rips the tickets out of her hand, running back to us with them. "Now it's official! Neither of you can try to back out now because you already spent money on it!" Kaitlin continues to laugh evilly as we finally walk out of the line.

"You say that as if we won't find another option."

"You'll try, but you'll eventually fail." She wink at Mack, making him groan as he releases she's correct. "Now all we need to do is find matching outfits!" Kaitlin wraps one around my shoulders and her other around Mack's, squeezing us together. "This is gonna be a perfect night!"

(\(•~•)/)

Wow, it feels like I haven't to you guys in awhile. So sorry about that!

I was originally planning to wrap this book up around Summer, but I had to take some classes during summer school in order to get spanish this year. So yea that was something.

Sorry for suuuuch a long wait for this chapter, and for some who read TQOD, sorry for not uploading that.

My first day of school was on August 7th and that didn't give me as much time as I would've liked to be able to write these chapters.

On top of that, I had to wait four weeks for the councilor to change my schedule because I was placed in the wrong math class because my school is so great at communicating ._.

Anyways, I am almost finished with this book, I'm taking a guess that there's gonna be about... four to six chapters left.

Start the countdown, ladies and gentlemen! This book is almost done!

Thank you for following me this far on this journey!

xoxoxo~