Chapter 13 - Not My Sisters Keeper

**unedited, sorry**

My punishment from Mr. and Mrs. Miller was one week of doing dishes all by myself.  And trust me, there were a lot of dishes.  With that many people in one house, if I wanted to use the dishwasher I had to do three loads every night.  I was also being forced to attend some Walt Disney Gala with the family, which before my punishment I had been avoiding.  Savanna had agreed to let me stay home at first, but now she insisted it was a family affair.  I was dreading the event, and the days were just ticking by until I had to spend a whole evening, dressed in a ballgown that wouldn't allow me to breathe.  That was definitely not my description of fun.

Rylin brought me homework every day after school.  At first Savanna was reluctant to let her upstairs, but finally she agreed when we promised we would spend our time studying.  In reality, we spent hours giggling together and watching youtube videos.

One night, Ry was propped on my bed, her head hanging off the bottom as she laid on her back, staring intently at her phone.  It had been going off like crazy, and every time it would ding I would raise an eyebrow and kick her foot, but she would ignore me.  Just as I was about to ask her who wanted her attention so badly, she lifted her head to look at me. "Can I help you?" I asked sarcastically.

"Do you have plans for tonight?" She asked me, sitting up and crossing her legs.  I narrowed my eyebrows at her, growling lightly.  She knew all to well that I was basically under house arrest until my suspension was up. "Oh, right," she laughed, "Come with me to Marks' place."

"Why would I do that?" I asked, cocking my head to the side.  I hadn't spoken to him since I met him.  Marks kept to himself, and clearly he didn't have an interest in me.  Rylin was enough to handle, I didn't need another crazy friend.

"Because everyone is going, they're just going to chill." She told me, sticking out her bottom lip. This was her way of begging; she thought the puppy dog eyes would work on me.  Did she forget I had little sisters?

"What if I don't want to chill with everyone today?" I asked, throwing my head back so hard it hit the headboard.  I groaned as Ry laughed at me, kicking her with my right foot. "Besides, if I sneak out I'm going to get an ear-full when I come home."

"They're not even your parents, they need to chill," she sighed, crossing her arms.  I just nodded, feeling a knot in my stomach.  They might not be my parents, but wether I liked it or not they were the closest thing I had.  Plus, I owed everything to them.  They were taking care of me and my sisters, a debt I could never repay.  I didn't expect Rylin to understand, though, so instead I stayed silent. "Come on, it'll be fun."

I was itching to get out of the house, even if it was just for a few hours.  Somewhat reluctantly, I nodded my head and smiled. "Just for a little bit, though.  Hopefully Savanna won't even notice I'm gone."

"That's my girl," Rylin exclaimed, fist pumping in the air.  I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her, slipping from bed.  I was wearing grey sweatpants and a dark blue hoodie.  I wasn't wearing any makeup, and I hadn't showed for about two days.  Shrugging in the mirror, I threw my hair into a messy bun and slipped on some flip flops.  My feet would be cold, but I didn't want to search for another pair. 

We snuck out of my room silently, creeping down the stairs and prayed no one was coming.  I knew the boys would snitch me out, so all I could do was hope we made it all the way down before one of them started coming up.  Rylin kept jumping around, hiding in the shadows like she was some kind of spy.  I could help but laugh a couple of times as she almost fell over her Ugg boots.