Chapter 38

Jack
"Jack, this is not what I meant when I said that you could choose movie!"

We are standing outside the cinema and waiting in the line to get our tickets.

"Baby, you can't say anything if I am the one choosing. I asked if you wanted to see something particular and you said no. Now I told you: no complaining."

"That's not fair! You chose a horror movie and you know how I feel about those, Jack!" Sarah's voice is starting to get high pitched and she looks nervous.

"Relax, babe, it'll be fine. Besides that is why I am here." I put my arm around her shoulders and smile slowly.

"You are mean," she says stubbornly and crosses her arms.

"And you are acting like a five year old." I kiss her hair. Sarah stays grumpy, but I know that it won't take long for her to get over it. She always gets over stuff I do.

We get out tickets and snacks and then head into the saloon. What's special about this cinema is that they have double seats in the back row, which I managed to get a pair of.

"Where do we sit?" Sarah is walking in front of me and gaze out over all the seats.

"In the back." I say and smirk, as her cheeks turn red.

"Okay," she mumbles and climbs the stairs. I follow her and point at our seats when she gives me questioning look. We both sit down and make ourselves comfortable. The cinema is quite old, I believe it is from the 1920's, and therefore the seats are older. The ones in the back have the kind of design where you two in one, so it is like a mini sofa. Sarah makes no attempt to snuggle up against me and I think she is a bit nervous, if I am not mistaken.

"Come here you." I chuckle and pull her close so that she's leaning against my chest, her back to my front. Sarah stiffens against me.

"Is something wrong?" I nuzzle her hair and kiss her shoulder.

The commercials haven't started yet so the lights are still on, making it easy for me to study her.

"No. I am just unaccustomed with this," she says and blushes.

"You have never been to the cinema with a guy before?" I can't keep the shocked tone out of my voice. The kissing part was hard to believe, but I could actually understand it. Sarah is very cautious when it comes to boys, so I have learned. But going to the movies with a guy? Hasn't every girl done that? Or are all guys completely oblivious to the amazing girl I have in my arms? The thought is disturbing, yet satisfying at the same time.

"No, I've done it before." She says casually, but hesitates. "Once."

"Once?" At least there's one guy with a brain.

"Uh yeah, last year. Nothing happened though," she says and blushes again.

"Why not?" I am stroking my fingers up and down her bare arm.

"I didn't like him in that way," she says.

"I see, so you have never made out in a cinema before?" Her eyes widen and I can't help but grin.

"No," she says and smiles a little herself. I stop my stroking and catch her chin, bringing her mouth close to mine.

"Well, baby, we are going to have to do something about that." I murmur and look her deeply in the eyes, those beautiful green eyes.

She blushes again, why the sudden shyness?

"Jack, there are other people in here." She points out quietly and look around.