Chapter 6

I'VE MISSED YOU
• CHAPTER 6 •

Previous chapter:

I stood there for a long time trying to catch my breath until the realization of what had happened hit me with full force sending tears down my cheeks.

Tyler Rogers knew my secret, and my life was about to end...

• • •

It was 20:46 and I was laying on the bed just staring at the ceiling, I've been in this position for hours now.

Earlier, when I regained enough composure to go back to the hotel, Mrs. Lake intercepted me and told me that I was looking very pale and asked me if I was feeling well. I told her that I was feeling very sick and didn't want to go to the archeological places we were going later, and that I just needed to lay down for a while.

She looked at me with concern told me that she would stay with me to look over me, but I begged her not to stay telling her that I would be asleep the whole time and that if I needed something I would call her immediately.

After a while of convincing, she finally caved and let me go to my room allowing me to stay by myself, making me promise to text her every hour telling her how I was feeling.

On my way up on the elevator, I got hit again by the reality of my problem.

Tyler knew I was gay. Somehow he knew it, and now he was going to use that against me, I bet.

I wondered what he would do...

Maybe he was going to blackmail me with that vital piece of information, or just expose me to the world and seat back and watch as my life came crumbling down.

I just hoped that Tyler didn't realize how much power he had over me. I would literally do anything, and I mean anything, to keep my secret hidden. He could do anything he wanted to me and I would let him, as long as he wouldn't expose me.

What would my parents do if they knew I was gay? Well, that was actually a dumb question. I knew very well what they would do. They would most likely disown me and maybe even kick me out.

I knew that my father didn't like the idea of two guys together. Whenever we were watching T.V. and a gay guy would appear, he would get a disgusted look on his face and change the channel immediately. I know some of those guys can be a bit annoying, but definately something to be disgusted of.

And there were also those little comments using the words like 'fairy', 'pussy', 'faggy' and many other, as insults to masculinity. I was sure my dad didn't even keep track of those kind of comments, but I sure did; and they made fell disgusted with myself.

As far as I knew, my mother had no opinion regarding homosexuals since I hadn't heard any comment, neither good nor bad, about them.

Or should I say us?

I always felt like a hipocrite among my family, pretending to be straight. I even dated a couple girls before just to make my act even more credible. All of them just broke up with me because I refused to do anything more than kissing, but I couldn't care less as long as my parents thought I was straight as an arrow.

Also, being outed would mean losing every friend at school. Sure, none of them were close friends but that wouldn't stop them from making my life a living hell. Tyler would even be put on a pedestal for "showing the fag its place"...

And what would Chris think? He was my only real friend and losing him would kill me. He was the only one who really helped me through "the accident"; it wasn't my parents, nor the cops, nor the doctors, nor the therapist; it was Chris who pulled me out of that hole. And I would always be in debt with him for that.