Chapter 11

I'VE MISSED YOU

• CHAPTER 11 •

Previous chapter:

"Noah, I would never look down at you because of your scars, never! Don't be ashamed of them because, even though I don't know how you got them, I know that they are proof of how strong you are."

I wanted to say something, but I was too stunned at Jake's words to form any sentence.

Jake's expression softened before he kept on speaking. "Noah, and please, never forget something..."

"What?..." I said just above a whisper.

"That you are beautiful."

And then he kissed me.

• • •

Jake's soft lips pressing against mine, his eyes closed, one hand holding me by the small of my back and the other one caressing my upper back.

It was heaven.

It was pure heaven, but I was shocked.

The wildest of my fantasies was becoming true! What I would never dare bet would happen was happening!

Jake was kissing me with such care and tenderness, it was a soft, gentle yet strong kiss. It was perfect.

But I was frozen on the spot.

I was so shocked that I couldn't move a muscle. As much as I wanted to kiss him back, my lips didn't obey. My heart was beating so hard that it wouldn't surprise me if Jake could actually hear it. And as much as I wanted to melt into his arms, my muscles were pulled tight.

I couldn't react, all I could do was stand still as a statue and enjoy the ride.

Jake's velvet lips withdrew from mine and I instantly missed them, although I still couldn't make myself move.

Jake's eyes suddenly shot wide open and his arms unhooked from me. He took a harsh step back, moving away from me. I wanted to pull him back and crush my lips into his again, but my body just wouldn't obey.

I saw how the color fled from his face, leaving him pale as if he had seen a ghost. His pair of hypnotic-blue eyes turned a darker shade and became troubled. His breathing became quick and sharp, I could see his chest rapidly going up and down.

I could see fear written all over his face, although I couldn't understand why. What could have scared him so bad that he broke our kiss so harshly?

And suddenly, Jake ran. Literally ran. He sprinted out of the room. It happened so fast that if I would have blinked for a couple of seconds, I would have missed it.

So I was left standing at the middle of the kitchen all by myself. It took me a whole minute to even process all that happened:

Jake knew about my scars, and even so he embraced me and called me beautiful.

Remembering that word, 'beautiful', leaving Jake's lips made me blush as a mad man; and the fact that it was directed to me sent a wave of warmness across my chest.

And then there was the kiss.

Oh. My. God.

Jake Hunter kissed me. Jake "the God among men" Hunter fucking kissed me. The nicest, hottest and most caring guy that has ever lived kissed me.

I brought my right hand to my lips, remembering Jake's soft, velvety lips upon-- hold on right there for a second!

I broke from the trance that the after-taste of Jake's mouth when I realized that my right hand was over my mouth. My god-damned hand had moved to my mouth!