Chapter 4

I'VE MISSED YOU
• CHAPTER 4 •

Previous chapter:

I repeated the whole exchange on my mind and caught myself smiling and blushing when I got to the part when he called me Noey...

"Oh no... Okay Noah, get a hold of yourself, you need to be strong. Remember the concequences failing to protect your secret." I thought to myself.

After thinking about the concequences, the smile and all the warm and fuzzy feelings I had left.

I took a deep breath.

"Hhmmm... the bed still smells like him..." I thought.

Fuck! Stop it Noah!

Uughhh... this is going to be harder than I thought...

• • •

It's 16:40 and I am seated on the bus on our way to Downtown.

After the exchange with Jake, I hadn't been able to stop remembering the times when we were best friends and he called me Noey & I called him Jakey...

«6 years ago»

"Jakey, hurry up."

"Noey, I don't know if we should be here." Jake said "maybe we should go back..."

"Of course not! We've already made it all the way here. You have to see this place I told you about." I said trying to dissipate his concerns.

Jakey just nodded and kept on walking behind me.

We were 10 year-olds at the time and we were at the forest 10 minutes away from my house on a bicycle ride and it was sometime between 1:00 and 2:00 AM.

The other day I found this abandoned trail that led to an awesome place on the top of the hill were you could climb a tree and see the whole town. Needless to say, it was a beautiful sight and I had to show it to my best friend, Jakey.

So, since we weren't allowed to go to the forest by ourselves at night, I came up with a plan to sneak out.

I told my parents that I would be staying the night at Jake's house and Jake told his parents that he was spending the night at my house. Instead, we grabbed our backpacks with camping equipment and a pair of sleeping bags, and headed to the forest.

We had been walking for almost two hours now. Well, since the forest looks very different at night, I couldn't find the trail anymore and we got lost. Of course I didn't tell Jake that we were lost, other wise he would freak out and run away making things worse.

I kept on walking trying to find some reference point of where were we. See, the forest spread out from several hills to a valley, and since the forest took several twists and turns, plus the fact that we weren't on any trail, well... I couldn't even tell where the main trail was.

I felt guilty for dragging Jakey to this.

"Noey, seriously I'm getting tired. When are we supposed to get there?" Jake said oblivious of the situation.

"Oh we're almost there. Just a couple minutes more, that's all."

I stopped hearing Jake's steps behind my so I turned around.

"What's the matter?" I asked him hoping that he hadn't realize that we were lost.

"You said 'just a couple minutes more' half an hour ago!" he said getting tired of walking around a dark forest for almost two hours. Then, his eyes widened and his face went from anger to fear. Uh oh...