Heart to Heart with Mum

Now this is where you should quite reading. I'm serious. This is pure rubbish. Mum has been pestering me for days and I had to visit her. Here's how THAT went.

I was instantly pulled into a hug as I entered my oddly silent house. Mum squeezed my torso and I responded by kissing her forehead. "Where are the girls?" I asked, pulling away. Mum sniffled and led me to the kitchen. "They're all out. I wanted this to be a private discussion." Oh, no. The last 'private discussion' I've had with Mum was when I joined a boy band instead of going solo. We sat at the table and she crossed her arms. "You're 21 years old, Louis," she said sternly. "Almost 22!" "And, no offense, but very immature! Can you handle marriage?! It's very complicated, as you should very well know. And you're so young," she lectured. I was about to speak, but she held up a hand. "Now tell me. Is Eleanor pregnant?" I just sat there, shocked. "Mum. I'm not marrying Eleanor because she's pregnant- which she very well isn't! I'm doing it for management." But I should've kept my mouth closed. Disappointment overcome Mum's features. "Louis William! I'm very upset about this. This is almost as bad as the idea of Eleanor being pregnant. Why don't you do things for yourself? Why don't you do what you want to do?" I kept silent. She stood up, kissed the top of my head, and went upstairs, leaving me to my thoughts. Why didn't i do what I want?