Not Ready

Eleanor sat alone at a table, her long, tan legs crossed. She was wearing high-waisted navy blue shorts with three buttons and a beige t-shirt tucked into them. Her TOMs were gray and her smile was bright. I wanted her to see that I loved her, even if she was a tad... Bitchy. That's a naughty word, Lou. But it's true. It's not like she'll know I said that. Anyways, I'm completely oblivious to all around me because Harry's photo had just appeared on my phone screen as he was calling. I turned away from the cafe that was across the street. Cars drove by and I rushed into an empty shop so I could hear, lowering my dark blue hat. "Hello?" I answered. "Louis? H-have you done it?" He asked quietly. "I don't want to," I breathed. Finally. The truth. "What? But you said you... L-love her," he said nervously. What's his problem? "I do, but Harry... Marriage? I can't bloody marry her!" The old woman at the counter peered at me and tsked but I didn't care. I didn't want this. "Deep breathes, Lou. Why are you doing this?" "Management is forcing me. I have to!" I said, ignoring my pounding heart. "I have to go, Kendall's here," he mumbled. Great. Management was messing with his love life also. Forcing him to date Kendall. She was lovely, but still. "Bye, Haz." "Bye, Lou. Good luck." We hung up and I crossed the street nervously. Eleanor's sunglasses were large and her beret was lopsided on her long hair. "Hey, love," I said, kissing her quickly. "Hi! So, what's going on? You seem nervous lately," she said as I sat across from her. I grimaced. "No, just tired. We haven't had a break in forever and this one is almost over," I said, sighing. "You have 2 and a half weeks!" "Yeah. That's not a lot for me, El," I said, signaling for the waitress. Jesus, I was nervous. "Two cups of tea," I ordered, smiling. She nodded and left. "Well, I'm glad you came," I said, folding my hands together. I wasn't sure how to do this. I stood up and took her hands, pulling her up and looking into her eyes. "Eleanor, w-will you.." I got down on my knee and pulled out the ring. Several people turned to us as El gasped. "Will you marry me?" She shrieked and I grimace again. "Yes! I will!" I stood as everyone cheered. She kissed me for a minute and jumped around. What was I getting into?