Chapter Eight {Kitty Strikes Back}

RAVEN QUEEN

"Kitty, what is wrong with you?" I exclaimed.

Kitty, Jamie, and Malifia were all sitting on the steps of Ever After High, eating fairy cupcakes and ice cream. 

Kitty had that annoying sly grin on her face. "You weren't going to take action so I did."

"But I'm not even sure if this is the right way to get control over our lives!" I cried. "Maybe we need to be more rational about things!"

Jamie finished up her cupcake. "Or maybe we need a new leader."

Everyone fell silent and we all stared amongst each other. A new leader? They were seriously trying to replace me? Didn't they understand that no one would give us what we wanted if we picked on the Royals?

"So you don't want me as your leader?" I asked, my voice seeming tiny.

Kitty stood up, disappearing. She appeared behind me, a smile on her face. "You were the spark that started the rebellion but you ran out of fuel."

"Malifia?" I asked, looking towards her. "Do you feel this way too?"

Malifia picked at her cupcake then gave up and threw it in a mushroom bush nearby. She avoided my eyes, staring at Kitty instead. "Well, I don't want to live my life bringing havoc to Briar and then being killed in the end."

Kitty giggled, dancing over to the front of us. "So whose in favor of a new leader?"

Everyone raised their hands and I suddenly felt sweaty and clammy. This was not really happening!

"We don't have much time," Jamie said softly. "We need to figure something out."

I could feel how tears building in my eyes and I turned away from them. I could feel a hand on my shoulder but I shook it off. Then I couldn't take being around them any longer and I pushed past them, running as fast as I could towards the commons.

I bumped into a sweater and gasped, looking up into the eyes of Dexter. He seemed startled but then he relaxed. "Oh, hey, Raven!" He smiled but then he noticed my tears. "Hey, whats wrong?"

I shook my head, wiping the tears away. "Nothing, nothing."

"Doesn't seem like nothing."

Dexter led me to the steps of the hallway and I sat down. "What happened?" He asked.

I couldn't say anything. Instead I just buried my head in his jacket, sobbing. I wanted to break way from my destiny but I just wasn't sure how anymore. Was the fight even worth it in the end?

"Raven, I wanted to tell you something." Dexter said quietly and I looked up.

"Yeah?"

"I really like you and...." He sighed, his shoulders slumping. "I don't know how to say this."

However, he didn't have to. I understood.

"I really like you too, Dexter."

His whole face lit up. "Really?"

I gave him a quick peck on the lips and he blushed. "Really." I said and I knew I meant it.

------------------

Sorry for such the late update. I didn't realize people really cared about this story and I promise never to do that again. Thank you for all the support and just for how bad I've treated my fans, I will finally begin the Jamie Hook story xD