Chapter Eleven {Legacy Day}

If some things are not accurate its because I'm not able to look at the Legacy Day webisode as my laptop is having some problems with youtube and other sites. 

-------------------------------

APPLE WHITE

I proudly made my way to the pedastal as the crowd of parents and siblings cheered. At the very front row was my mother and father, both wearing gleaming smiles. This made me smile even harder, so hard my face hurt.

Then I placed my hand on the book that would put my pledge into stone hard truth. I had painted my nails a perfect rose red just for this moment. 

Head Master Grimm stood to the side, looking proud and pleased with himself. My friends were waiting in line, dressed in ensembles that were just as gorgeous as mine.

"I, Apple White," I said, loud and clear like a soon-to-be queen. "promises to follow my destiny as the future queen of my kingdom and live happily ever after with my true love." There was immediate applause as my key suddenly - in a spark of flashing light - appeared in my other hand.

I gasped in delight, always picturing this moment. Then I inserted the key into the book and it opened, revealing my whole life story; living with dwarves, being poisoned by Raven and then being awaken by Daring after he kills the wretched evil Raven.

This was my future and I couldn't possibly wait for it to all play out.

RAVEN QUEEN

I had all sorts of thoughts running through my head as I waited for my turn. Jamie Hook was already on the stage, reluctantly pledging to be eaten by an alligator and have constant quarrels with Patrick Pan for the rest of her life.

Could I really live with being the wretched villain of Apple's life? Being the shadow? The one that everyone loathes and fears? Couldn't I just have a normal life and have my own ending? Would I really cease to exist if I didn't follow through with my fairytale?

Then it was my turn.

I stepped up, my palms sweaty as I faced the crowd. No one seemed to be cheering for me as I looked down at the book that would show my future, forcing me to accept it.

"I, Raven Queen," The words came out before I could even stop them. However, I couldn't bring myself to say what everyone expected of me. "I, Raven Queen....." I looked back towards my peers.

Apple White was practically on the edge of her seat, creases on her pretty forehead from worry. Maddie was sipping tea, giving me an encouraging smile. Dexter, my boyfriend, was also giving me an encouraging smile.

"I, Raven Queen..."I turned back to the crowd, more determined than ever. "I, Raven Queen promises to follow a destiny that I choose for myself."

There were hundreds of jaw drops and gasps.

Head Master Grimm was suddenly by my side. "What is the meaning of this?"

I glared at him. He was a horrible and corrupted Head Master. "I'm choosing my own destiny!" With that, I stomped off the stage, pushing past all the stunned people. I was done having everyone choose my future. It was time that I made my own decisions.