Chapter 28: Declared Hunt

They emerged from the forest edge,  one by one,  ranging several meters apart.  Katnis looks them over with curious eyes.  In the middle stood a dark-skinned man with long dreadlocks,  to his left stood a place skinned woman with startling red hair and to the right of the dark skinned man stood another male.  He had shoulder length sandy blond hair,  pulled back into a ponytail, and sinister ruby eyes. They all did. 

She watched the three of them walk into the clearing, the man in front being the most beautiful of the three.

He was medium build, hard - muscled of course, but nothing next to Emmett's build. He smiles, flashing his gleaming white teeth. Now, the woman was wilder, her eyes never staying on one particular person, shifting restlessly between the men in front of her. Her posture...definitely feline. As for the last man he caught Katnis attention the most as he hovered behind them slightly, leaner than the leader, his eyes vigilant. His eyes seemed darker than the other two and she wondered why that was.

"We heard you playing," the dark haired man stepped towards Carlisle with a smile."I'm Laurent, and the two behind me are James and Victoria." He gestured to the two vampires behind him.

Carlisle offers a smile. "I'm Carlisle. This is my family, Jasper and Alice, Esme, Rosalie, Alice, Emmett, Edward, Bella and Katnis."

"Did you say Katnis?" Victoria inquired, her head tilting as her eyes searched the group for who could be Katnis."Such a beautiful name."

"Do you have room for three more players?" Laurent asked sociably, ignoring Victoria. Edward steps closer to Katnis, but his glare never leaves Victoria who's eyes are now trained on a curious Katnis.

"Actually, we were just finishing up. Maybe another time. Do you plan on staying in the area long?" Carlisle asked.

"No, but we were curious to see who was in the neighborhood. It's been a long time since we've run into company."

"Actually, this region is empty except for me and my family, and the occasional visitor."

Katnis couldn't tare her gaze from Victoria's face, and Edward must have noticed because he placed an arm in front of her and pushed her further behind him.

"What's your hunting range?" James spoke for the first time, catching Katnis's attention. His voice was so thick and deep. She's never heard a voice like his.

"Up and down that Coast Range on occasion but mainly the Olympic Range. We keep a permanent residence nearby." Carlisle's tone easy, as he rested his hands on the aluminum bat that was resting against the ground.

"How do you manage that?" Asked James.

"Why don't you come back to our home with us and we can explain? It's a rather long story to tell." Carlisle invited.

Bella took a step back, the move going noticed by Victoria. A smile planted itself on her lips.

"Thank you for the welcome. We've been on a hunt for a while and have not had the chance to clean up." Laurent's eyes moved over Carlisle's refined appearance.

"Don't take offence, but we'd appreciate if you wouldn't hunt in the immediate area. We have a to stay inconspicuous." Carlisle explained.

"Of course," Laurent laughed.

Suddenly a breeze ruffled Bella and Katnis's hair. Katnis quickly side stepped herself Infront of Bella, blocking her from view. Everyone fell rigid as James and Victoria lurched one step forward into a crouch. Edward and Emmett both bared their teeth, crouching in defense, a feral snarl ripping from their throats.

"What's this?" Laurent asked in open surprise. Neither James and Victoria, or Emmett and Edward relaxed their poses.

"She's with us." Carlisle directed at James and Victoria, and Katnis pushed Bella harder against her back, making sure to keep her from their line of sight.