Chapter 27: Baseball

Rosalie is glaring and looks pissed, Jasper looks concerned, Emmett looks nervous, Alice looks a bit worried and Edward is looking down at Katnis who is staring at her with an emotion she can't read. "Okay. I won't say anything," she says letting her hands fall to her side and taking a few steps in their direction with a smile. "So, you're all going to play baseball? Can I come and watch?"

"You don't mind that we're vampires?" Emmett asked her with a raised brow.

"Of course I do,"

"So why in the hell are you still here?" Rosalie spat.

"I haven't seen Katnis this happy in a long time. And she's only this happy when she's with Edward. Who am I to ask her to stay away from him?" she says. "All I want is for her to be happy and safe and from the looks of things...she is both. Right?" she turns her gaze to Katnis.

"Yes. They would never do anything to hurt me."

"Ever." Edward says looking up at Bella.

"Good. So, when is the game?" she asked.

"It's going to be at four." Alice finally said.

"Okay. We will have to let dad know."

Katnis turns to Edward to look up at him. "Did you want us to meet you at your place?"

He shakes his head. "I'll pick you up that is if you don't mind."

She smiles. "Never." she leans forward to kiss his cheek. "I'll see you at four."

He leans down to kiss her forehead. "Be safe."

"You too."

~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Katnis sits on her bed watching Bella pace back and forth in front of her. "So, the Cullen's are vampires. No big deal, right?" Bella looks down at her sister.

"Isabella, please, sit down." Katnis says. 

Bella stares at her for a moment then takes a  seat on the bed beside her. "I'm sorry. I'm just freaking out right now."

Katnis grabs her hand and gently squeezes it. "I know this is a lot to take in all at once but you have to know that they would never hurt me."

Bella meets her gaze "How can you be so sure about that?"

Katnis smiles."I trust them.  I trust that they have enough self-control  that they would never hurt me," she says staring at her sister. "They've proven to me time and time again that they will not hurt me just by being around me. That's all the reassurance I need."

Bella takes her sister's hands in hers and brings them to her lips."I almost lost you, on more than one occasion, so I need for you to look me in the eyes and tell me that you trust them with your life."

Katnis smiles and gazes into her eyes. "I trust Cullen, and his family, with my life." she says honestly.

Bella stares at her for a moment longer, then smiles. "Alright. I guess I have no other choice but to trust them with you." she says.

"Thank you," Katnis says as she pulled her into an embrace. "You have no idea how much it means to me to hear you say that."

Bella chuckles. "I never thought the day would come," she says.

Katnis draws back to look into her eyes. "What day?"

"The day where I realize that a vampire is in love with my little sister," she says while shaking her head.

Katnis chuckles then shrugs. "Maybe it's fate," she states. "Maybe I was meant to meet Cullen and his family, to be a part of their lives."

"Maybe -"