Who Ever Said Life Was Easy? [Chapter 12]

Ch. 12

I woke up feeling completly rested and in a good mood. Well, that is until I remembered what had happened last night with Kevin."Ughh." I sighed as I crawled out of the warm bed.

Walking to the kitched I slid into a chair. "Morning." I said to DJ.

He looked up from his homeowork, "Hey sleeping beauty. And it's afternoon not morning." He stuck his tounge out at me.

"What time is it?" I asked confused.

"4:30"

"Jesus Christ! I slept late!" I think that is the most sleep I have ever gotten in one night.

"Tell me about it." DJ laughed and I lightly punched his arm.

"Loser." I mubled.

"I heard that you know."

"Hey! Glad to see soemone's awake!" DJ's mom walked into the kitchen.

"Haha yeah. Sorry about sleeping so late." I scratched my head.

"Don't worry about it. Would you like some waffles?"

"Deffenitly!!!" I yelled. "I'll help!" I ran out of my seat to the freezer.

"What are you doing?" DJ gave me a wierd look.

"Getting the waffles?" I returned the wierd look and looked over to his mom. She was pulling a waffle iorn out of the closet. "Wait....We're making HOMEMADE waffles?!!" Oh. My. God. I loved this lady!

After my stomach was full I headed back upstairs to change. "Oh, wait, Ariel!" Cheryl (DJ's mom incase anyone forgot) called.

"Yeah?" I spun around.

"The lawyer they assigned to you called. Your court case is going to be tomorrow."

"Oh... Okay. Thanks." Really? That was fast. I figured it might be a few days. Maybe even a week. Deffenitly not this soon though.

I trudged up to my room. When I opened the door I noticed that there were a pile of my clothes on the floor.

Oh yeah!

The police officer said he would send someone to my house to get my belongings for me.

I threw on a pair of jeans and a shortsleave shirt, brushed my hair and washed my face. It felt nice to have my own clothes again. Me and Cheryl were pretty much the same size, which I found kind of wierd but she was young and small so it worked, but it was still nice to have something that belonged to me.

Running down the hallway I slammed into something that felt like a wall. Causing me to fall backwards. Before I could hit the floor though, something caught me.

It was Max.

"Falling at my feet already are you?" He smirked.

"You only wish." With a wink I walked away from him.

Downstairs Alex and Peter were also here. "Hey guys!" I smilied.

"Hey girl!" Peter squeled and pulled me into a hug. Both of us laughing.

"You guys want to go to the park?" DJ asked

"Yeah!" All four of us said. Peter and I sreamed it though, cause we are cool kids like that.

All five of us walked down the street to the park. I ran to the playground and sat on the carousel ((a/n:the thing that spins with the bars, you know what im talking abour right?)) and everyone followed me.

"Dude, you gotta push." DJ said to Max.

"What the hell? Why me?"

"You were the last one to get on." I pointed out.

"Fine. But you're pushing next." He said to me and I just laughed.

We kept spinning and spinning for awhile. I never did push though... At one point all of the guys jumped off and pushed.

That was deffenitly scary seeing as I almost went flying off.

"Hey, we should probably get going. I don't know what time I have to get up for the...um.. thing... but it's probably early." I looked at DJ.

"Yeah, you're right. Let's go guys."

"What thing?" Max asked.

"Nothing, it's just an appointment I have to go to." I said quickly.

"Yup. Time to go kiddies." DJ said walking towards me. Next thing I know he threw my over his shoulder and started walking.

"Heyyyyyy," I whined "I am perfectly capable of walking."

"Yeah, I know." DJ said.

"So...you going to put me down then?"

"Nope." He popped the "p".

A little later I was laying in my bed falling asleep, thinking about what might happen tomorrow.

********************NEXT DAY**********************

I was walking into the court house. DJ and his mom walking beside me.

I had told them earlier that they could stay home, that I would be fine. But they would not let me come alone. It was nice having them around though. I felt like they were my real family.

To bad that were not.

Something grabbed my arm and I turned around to see DJ. "Hey mom, you can go ahead. We'll be in in a second." He said.

I gave him a wierd look.

"I, uh, wanted to ask you something." He said nervously.

"Go ahead."

"Um... later... tonight... do you want to... um..." DJ was stuttering and blushing like mad.

"If I would...?" I asked trying to get the question out of him.

After taking a deep breath he said,"Wouldyouliketogooutonadatewithme?"

"Um..Could you say that slower?" I honestly had no idea what he just asked.

"Would you like to go out on a date with me later?"

************************************************

k, court scene will be happening next chapter (; and im gonna work extra hard to make it perfect (:

what do you think shes gonna say?? yes? no? nothing? :o

comment/vote/fan

you know the drill :P xD