Who Ever Said Life Was Easy? [Chapter 2]

Ch. 2

I was always one of the first stops on my bus meaning that there were plenty of empty seats for everyone to sit in until the end, still no one ever sat with me. So when we stopped and a kid that I've never seen before came on, and sat with me. I was beyond shocked.

"Hi, I'm DJ, I'm new." He told me with a smile.

DJ looked about 6' 2" with shaggy, skater boy type, blond hair. He wasn't lanky but he wasn't exactly really muscular either. All in all, he was pretty hot.

"Um.. H-hi. I'm Ariel..." I stutered

"Nice to meet you Ariel. That's a pretty name."

For the rest of the ride he kept talking to me, and when Alyssa, one of the more popular girls in my school got on, she gave me a nasty glare. Apperently she didn't like the fact DJ was sitting with me. She sat down behind me and DJ.

"Hey, I'm Alyssa. You must be new here." She batted her eyelashes. Trying to look cute or something. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. I'm DJ, nice to to meet you." He said simply and turned around to continue comparing our schedules.

"You know, you don't have to sit with /her/," she said /her/ with a tone of disgust, "You can come sit in the back with me and my friends. We could also show you around if you want." She started batting her eyelashes like a crazy women and I had to cover up my laugh with a cough. But obviously she understood cause she glared at me and said, "What the hell is your problem little mermaid?!"

I didn't know what to say, I didn't to get on her bad side becuase she could be a real bitch to you if you were. "Maybe the fact that you're batting your eyes like a whore." DJ said once he noticed I wasn't going to say anything.

After that comment I'm pretty sure I saw steam coming out of Alyssa's ears, she was so angry. "Fine, have it your way." With that she got up and walked to the back of the bus.

"You shouldn't have done that. Now she's going to set out to make your life hell." I told DJ.

"Oh well, someone needed to knock her down. Teach her she can't have everything she wants."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I shrugged

After comparing schedules it turned out that we had 6 out of 8 classes togeither along with lunch and homeroom. When we figured that out DJ was practicly jumping up and down in the seat.

"Settle down." I laughed. It was the first time in a while that I had laughed out of joy.

DJ stopped and looked at me. "What?" I said confused.

"Nothing... You just have a pretty laugh... Like windchimes."

I blushed. "Oh, uh, thanks. I think."

Just then the bus stopped at the school . DJ laughed and we both stood up. Before anyone could stepn into the isle Alyssa raced off the bus. I wonder why that was. She's defenitly not one to run to school, I though confused. But I shrugged it off, it was Alyssa we were talking about....

But as I stepped of the bus, my foot hit something and I started falling, face first, into the cement walkway. Before I could hit the ground painfuly, a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back up to my feet. I turned around. It was DJ. "Thanks, that would have hurt..." I said.

"No problem." He smiled.

I started looking for the culprit of what made me trip. Then I noticed Alyssa. She was standing right next to the bus door stairing directly at me. If looks could kill was the expression that first came to mind. She was looking at my waist by the looks. So I looked down and noticed DJ was still holding my waist. DJ noticed at the same time too, because he pulled his arms back, "Oh, uh, sorry." He mumbled, and it looked like he was blushing. How cute.