Chapter 13

That night, I dreamt about Alec. I hadn't dreamed about him since I was child. In my dreams I saw our entire future together. I saw our him taking over the pack, our wedding, my pregnant with his child, our children playing in a field. And finally us sitting on a porch, old together surrounded by pack children. I wanted all of this for us so bad. I was sure all this would happen, but I felt something needed to pass before it could. "Alaria! Are you awake?" Grandma called. "Yes, I'll be down in a minute." I told her. I could already smell breakfast cooking. 

For some reason Ruby was restless, I could feel her pacing around in my skin. As I descended down the stairs the smell of my mate hit me like a truck. I practically ran down the stairs. He was sitting in at the island, conversating with my grandmother. The chatter stopped when I walked in. "Hi." Was all I said. "Hey." He replied. We continued to stare into each others eyes. "Come now children, the day's a wastin'. Eat your breakfast before it gets cold." Grandma said, snapping us back to reality. I walked around the counter and sat across from Alec. For some reason I was not uncomfortable, but extremely awkward around him. He let out a small growl that I didn't sit beside him. "What are you doing? Go sit with our mate now!" Ruby yelled. "Its not that bif of a deal Ruby. You're near him okay?" "But why be near him if I can be beside him?" She complained. "Fine Ruby, just shut up." I told her. When I picked my plate up and moved over beside him she calmed down. He reached out and stroked my arm with his fingers. The tingles I felt caused me to blush. He moved his finger dow to mine, and clasped them. 

Alec reluctantly left us, after we had breakfast. He had pack business to take care of. He left me with a kiss on the cheek, and a promise to see me later. "Well," Grandma said. "I can't say I'm disappointed that he'd your mate. Truthfully we had all hoped that he was. The way you two connected as children, it would have been upsetting." She said. "Who is all?" I asked, although I already had a feeling. "Me, your parents, Dru and Augustine. The alpha's. We all saw you two together, you were inseperable." Wow,  all of those people were rooting for us to be mated. "That's alot of people." I said. "Yeah, but we just knew. I wish I had placed some bets back then, could have made me some money." She joked, I laughed. 

Today is a hang out day. Truthfully I was waiting for Alec to come back around. I decided to take a drive to my parents- my house and check things out. ** I pulled my car into the old gravel driveway, dust and rocks flying out form underneath the tires. I stepped out of the car and observed the house. It was in pretty good condition. My father built the house himself, he said it was his greatest accomplishment besides me. The house was painted a simple white, with blue shutters. It was three story's tall and also had a storm shelter/basement. The real beauty was on the inside though. The inside porch was painted, a custard yellow a calming color. In the foyer the walls were white. The living room was Purple. Not an outrageous color, a perfect mixture of light and dark. The floors used to be soft carpet, of course they haven't been tended to in a while. The TV, along with everything else had thick layers of dust on them. I walked into the den/dining room. It wasn't painted, it had wood paneling instead. The dining room table folded up and col be transformed into a cards table. My dad and his buddies played and he had an occasional smoke. The kitchen, it was also painted yellow. A bright daisy sunshine yellow. I left the kitchen and finally went up the stairs.

My room was painted light sky blue. It had big puffs of white clouds. We used giant sponges to create the cloud effect. I laughed at the memory. By the end of that day we all had paint somewhere it shouldn't be. My room was the embodiement of my childhood. I hadn't taken anything out of here except my clothes. I had a cute little desk and mirror set, with a chair. I was much too big for it now. My bed frame was white, as was my comforter and sheets. I was a small twin, but I remember it being huge when I was little and imaginging I was sleeping on a huge cloud. Alec and I used to play in here all the time. Alec. My heart panged because he wasn't near. I told myself he was doing pack things and I could wait a little longer. 

I didn't go in my parents room. It was their private spot. I made my way back downstairs. I missed this old house. I wont leave my grandmother alone, even though she can take care of herself, it just wasn't right. I decided to head out for the lake. We had a dock out there and a boat. When Alec and I were little the little cabin out there was our special spot. We had alot of those, but this one was special to us. Alec kissed me here when I was little. I've never told anyone about it, not even my dad. But I enjoyed it. I felt a familiar tug and I knew he was coming. He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Remember the old days?" He said. I sighed and snuggled deeper into him. "Yeah. We used to come out here for campfires, and just camping and hide and go seek." "And we swam and stayed up late telling ghost stories. I kissed you..." He trailed off. 

I turned around to stare into his beautiful hazel eyes. The way the sun had hit them, they were magnificent. I could see the strands of gold, but also blues and green. They way they tied together were perfect. He was staring at me with  passion that if I thought about it hard enough, I'd surely seen before. Then he leaned in kissed me. My whole world combusted and then reformed. There weren't fireworks, there were explosions. It was like God threw a party for us. He tasted like the sunshine, and the rain. When we kissed our souls collided and sizzled and popped. When he finally pulled away I fell back down to earth and he caught me. "Wow." I said. "Yeah." Stage two of the mating process was complete.