Chapter 3

"Who are you?" I asked through my mind link. "Oh come now, Ria, don't act like you don't know me." The wolf said. "Ethan?" I asked nervously. "One second." he said. He then disappeared behind a tree and while he was gone I took the oppritunity to dress myself. When he emerged he was also dressed. "Oh my gosh Ethan! It is you!." I said with a big hug. "I thought you had forgotten all bout me, love." He said. Ethan was brought here when the alpha came home from a trip to europe. His mother was incapable of taking care of him, and his father had passed away from cancer. "What are you doing here? I thought you moved back home." "I did, for a little bit. But my mother is still the same. I gave her a chance but she didn't use it wisely." he said. "I'm sorry." I said sympathetically. "Don't be. I shouldn't have gone in the first place." he said. "So, you were headed home?" He asked. "Yeah, I was." "Are your parents home?" He asked me. I froze. That's right, I thought. He doesn't know. He wasn't here. "Um. no. no they're not. It's just me and grams now." I told him. "They passed away a few months back." "I'm so sorry Ri. What happened." he asked. "Rouges." I said simply. "They went out and never came back. There was a search for weeks. Then one day they found my mothers clothes ripped and shredded and bloodied. A few yards down they found their bodies." I told him. "Alaria I am so sorry. I wish I could have been there for you." He told me. "Its okay, I'm fine now really." "Well let me walk you to the door." I opened my mouth to tell him he really didn't have to but he cut me off. "I insist" he said. "Fine." I grumbled. We walked in silence the rest of the distance to my house. Which thankfully wasn't much. "Thank you for walking me home." "Anytime Alaria. Really, call me anytime and I'd be happy to help." he said bashfully. "Okay E." I went into the house and closed the door. I walked up the stairs to my room to find gran already here. Was I really out that late? I thought. I walked in my room and looked at the clock. 4:25am. Wow. Good thing its summer. And then I fell into a dreamless sleep.