Chapter 7

I asked Ethan to come over today, but he said he's not feeling well. I guess I'm going to go visit my aunt Drucillia and my cousins. My Uncle Augustine died when I was four. I don't remember him much but from what I do remember he was the funniest most kind man you could ever meet. He spoiled my cousin and I rotten. My cousin Yvette had turned into a hermit after her father died. And I couldn't blame her. I didn't hermit like she did after my parents but I didn't talk to anybody. Gran said people thought I was going to kill myself. I didn't. I hadn't even thought of doing that honestly. I was just numb. My youngest cousin Eliana aka Lia for me and Ellie or Ana for anybody else, was actually adopted. Her biological mother and father were killed by rouges when she was just a baby. My aunt Dru found her in the wood bawling her head off. But she said when she saw her she knew that she was meant to be her child. She said she was a gift from Augustine. Hence why her name Eliana meaning "God has Answered." My Uncle and her had been trying for another baby but he suddenly died. My aunt, from what I had been told was hysterical and on the verge of Suicide until she found Lia. So I am thankful that I didn't lose another family member and in turn gained another.

Knock Knock Knock! I pounded on my aunts door. I waited a few minutes. Knock Knock Knock Kno- "Hello dear! Come on in!" my aunt said. "What a pleasant surprise. I haven't seen you since.....the funeral." She got a sad look in her eyes. I would too if I had lost my husband and mate and then my sister and brother-in-law. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I just haven't felt like getting out much." I told her. It was the truth.  "I understand Alaria I do. Trust me I do. I'm just called you called everynow and then and mom spoke to me. Otherwise I'd have come knock down your door myself." She said with a smile. "Where's Yvie and Lia?" I inquired. "Yvette is in her room Like always and Eliana is out in the back garden. In her own fantasy world. You know how she is." My cousin Eliana is special. She's six years old and has imaginary friends. Now I know thats normal for humans, but its not normal for wolves. When you look at my cousin Eliana you can tell instantly she's not related to us. Our skin is a dark olive tone and we have thick straight brown hair. Eliana is very fair-skinned. She has bright red stick straight hair and big green eyes. 

I made my way out into the garden. You wouldn't believe it but Eliana planted this entire garden out here. One side was vegetables and edible food and the other side was for the flowers and plants. It looks so beautiful. Like a page from a fairytale. As shifters for some reason we all have money. My aunt Drucillia and my uncle Augustine spent their money on building a huge house for their family. The bought a house on the edge of pack lands, one with a huge back yard. By huge I mean a few acres. My aunt offered me to live with her but I chose to stay with my gran. My parents have a house too. Its not as big as Aunt Dru's but its by a lake. Theres a dock and a boat too. I haven't been back there in years. Too many memories. 

I walked down the stone pathway and turned a corner into the maze. I found Eliana in the middle by the huge tree sitting on a stone bench talking to herself. She looked up and saw me. "Alaria!" She jumped off the bench and launched herself at me. She only came up to my chest. I hugged her. I missed her so much. She looked so different. "I missed you Al! I wanted to come see you but mommy said I need to give you time." "I missed you too booger. You've grown so much. How old are you now?" I asked even though I knew the answer. "I'm this many" she said holding up her six little fingers. "Wow. You're so old!" I joked. "I like what you've done with the garden. It looks really nice." I told her. And I meant it. "Thank you. I have something I want to show you." She then grabbed my hand and pulled me along the maze with her. 

Eliana stopped suddenly. "We're here." She announced. "Where's here exactly?" I asked her. "I made this for you. Its a memorial for your parents." She moved some broken branches and dead leaves from the ground. Underneath was a gray tombstone like plaque. In loving memory of the best Uncle And Aunt Ever! I miss you everyday. So does Alaria. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this. "Thank you so much Lia. Its wonderful." I told her. "You wanna see a trick?" She asked me. "Sure, go ahead." The thing she did next. I never saw it coming. She lifted her hand and waved it over the stone all around flowers blossomed. I sucked in a huge gasp. "Eliana. How did you do that?" "Its a secret. My mom told me not tell anyone, but I think I can tell you." she said. "Aunt Dru?" I asked. "No. Not her. My real mom."