Chapter 9 ~ Happiness To Heartbreak To Victory

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------

Ryley and Ryder spent a few days after he returned together (when Ryley wasn't at school). Sectionals practice began the week after and Ryder was going to help out for the next week then he was heading back to Georgia for more army training.

During their time together, Ryder wanted to bring up the question of her relationship/friendship but he just wants to be happy with her. Bringing it up might make her confess to really liking Lucas or something. He just stayed silent about it.

The New Directions began planning their Sectionals set list. The first song they chose was the Demi Lovato version of Let It Go, to be performed by Ryley and Angie. Their second song they chose was Elastic Heart by Sia feat. The Weeknd and Diplo, to be performed by Samantha with Gabe and the New Directions. Then they finish with a group number of Gold by Britt Nicole.

They kind of gave themselves a theme of female artists. Ryley didn't want to sing much in it so she just went with a duet with Angie.

Finn was making sure everything in their performances were completely perfect. Samantha helped him with the choreography for it since she has dancing skills while Finn has no dancing skills.

They're going up against Haverbrook School for the Deaf and the Rosedale Mennonites. Not tough competition but they still had to do their best.

The New Directions were hosting this years Sectionals at their own auditorium. Ryley and Ryder walked out from Ryder's car, hand in hand and smiling at each other. Gabe and Angie rushed up to the two from the entrance to the school to meet up with them.

"It's so awesome you guys are all happy even though you have been apart for so long." Angie says.

"Especially with you missing out things around here, Ryder." Gabe says.

Ryder feels a pang of guilt at Gabe's words that were supposed to be innocent but hurt Ryder. Ryley looks down at her feet, trying to avoid this topic while Angie smacked Gabe across the back of his head.

"Ouch! Why'd you do that?" Gabe asks Angie. The four head inside the school

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ryder stayed silent while Ryley and him made their way through to the choir room. He stayed silent while waiting outside for the girls to get changed then stayed silent while the boys got changed.

The New Directions girls are wearing red dresses that have a black waistbands and trimming. The boys are wearing black dress pants and shoes with short sleeve black button shirts with a black vest and a red tie. (A/N: Basically, Nationals Season 3 outfits).

Ryder kept silent so Ryley brought him outside to talk with him.

"Gabe is an idiot for bringing up you've missed some things here." Ryley says.

"What have I missed out?" Ryder asks.

"Well," Ryley swallows, "My daddy getting into a car accident, the musical where I was the lead girl and my win as Senior Class President."

"That's not much," Ryder says, "I wanted to get home to be with you for the accident and see the musical but the army is pretty tough. I had to go through the annoying course and stuff like that."

"I'm just glad you're here." Ryley says with a smile. She goes to head back into the choir room but Ryder stops her.

"I have to ask something." Ryder says.