The Talk

Haven't updated in awhile because of exams...that's shameful. BUT ENJOY NONETHELESS! Oh and dedicated to Ho-Ho-Holai

"It's amazing having a boyfriend." Surprisingly, the words don't come out of my mouth but Florence's instead. 

Cynthia laughs, "I'm pretty sure you're the one that has had about ten...since last month." 

"That's hilarious." Florence says and shrugs, "I guess I just fall in love fast." 

Red swivels in Izaak's spinny chair as her hair majestically flies all over the place, "More like you fall into bed fast." A justified book is thrown at Red and she accepts her consequence for such words. 

Izaak's house has oddly become a chill spot for all of us. Well, not oddly. The house is massive. But it feels nice to only have to worry about this back to school party my friends want to host here and the fact they never want to leave Izaak's mansion. I try and tell them that they have no right throwing a party at someone else's home, but I also know that if I were to tell Izaak my concerns, he will most definitely say he minds in no way.

I hate parties. 

While Red, Cynthia, Florence, and I are up in Izaak's room planning the 'party', Izaak, Brandon, and a few of their buds are enjoying pizza downstairs. I would so much rather be a guy right now.

"But really? Is this Brandon guy the...guy?" Cynthia asks.

"How do you mean?" Florence is tossing around Izaak's shoes and I don't think he would be too happy about that. I catch them midair and gently set them down. 

Cynthia giggles like she has a secret, "That you're going to lose your virginity to." 

It takes Red, Flo, and I to all exchange glances before bursting out into expected laughter. Florence? Virgin? HA!

"Honey, I lost that back in the Civil War." Florence laughs. 

"Oh," Cynthia is bewildered, "I didn't know."

Florence's laughter dies down and she admits, "I regret it though. It was stupid. Brandon would be the first guy I've, you know, since I lost it." 

"You make it sound like 'it' is an object. This 'it' is a part of you." Red speaks up.

"Says Red," I mutter. She gives me an appalled expression.

"I, Red, am still a virgin for your information." And again, we all crack up at that. 

Cynthia says, "Even I know that's not true." 

"I have a purity ring, Cynthia." She shows the three of us and for a second, I'm incredibly confused. She's Red. Red gets whatever she wants. And she has made it apparent that 'it' is one of those things. "I'm saving myself 'till marriage." 

"You're joking. You even told me sophomore year that you and Ian...sorry Florence." I apologize and shut up.

Red shrugs, "I lied."

"Why?"

"Because my arch nemesis at the time went around bragging about her sexual affairs to one-up me in something, so I came out with a bigger punch. I convinced everyone I lost mine to an older guy, a senior to be exact." She says it as if we should have known all of this.

Cynthia holds up a finger, "Wait, wait, wait. Are you talking about Angela Pillard?" 

"Of course I am. That's the only arch nemesis of mine I had sophomore year." Red says, annoyed by Cynthia's ignorance. 

"Where were we during all of this?" I ask in amazement. Only Red would be able to keep something like this a secret for two whole years. 

"If I were to tell you guys about my lies, it would have eventually flourished."