And The Chronicles Begin

Another chapter!

Steam topples all over my multiple mixtured drink substance that could cure the worst hangover that faces it. No. I didn't get drunk last night. As I remember, I was the designated driver. Being the freakin' awesome person I am, I nicely drove everyone home inluding Ivy.

Now I'm here wondering why exactly I'm creating this drink of perfection for Izaak. Is it because of what he said about me being beautiful? No, because after he said it he vomited into the ocean. He was obviously drunk enough to call me beautiful. Izaak was dead drunk. He couldn't have meant it.

I hear him groan as he enters the kitchen. He doesn't acknowledge me. Yeah. Now I know he didn't mean it.

"Good morning," I say.

"No, not good morning. This is a sucky morning. So if you could do me a favor and shut up for the rest of the day, then maybe tomorrow I can reply to your 'good morning'." He mumbles.

I ignore his biting words, "Mom and Dad are gone for the day. You're lucky they didn't see you like this." I lean against the kitchen counter as he flinches at the screeching sound the chair legs make against the tile when he pulls it out.  

"I do not care." I inhale every illegal action I want to do to him and place the cup in front of him. "What is this?"

He flinches and holds his head when I take the seat across from him. "Drink it. You'll feel better."

Izaak looks at me with a skeptical glint in his baggy eyes then down at the drink, sloshing it around the cup. "This looks disgusting."

"Looks are deceiving." I have a feeling he understands my ironically blatant indirectness. Izaak sets the cup down and looks me straight in the eyes with a kind of sadness and regret trailing his pupils. For that instant I think he feels bad about treating me like crap, but then his smirk returns and all hopeful assumptions disperse. He's not the kind of guy that says sorry. He's the kind that walks off even when he's wrong.

"Did we do something we weren't supposed to do last night? That's surprising considering I don't usually go for...your type."

I stare at him for a long time. Not admirably. But with anger. The way he takes my existence as a mere joke, the way he makes me feel horrible about myself for no reason. All of it is something to be angry about because it's not fair. I know life is not fair but I don't need the shit Izaak gives me. I really don't. Like Ian said, I'm going to do me and only me.

"It's a bit hot." I refer to the drink and stand to go into the living room. I turn up the TV to drown out the sound and thoughts of Izaak Summers.

"Someone's being mature," He sneaks around the couch with my drink almost half empty in his hands. Glad to know he likes it.

When I don't respond, he continues even though Keeping Up With The Kardashians is just starting. "What's wrong with you?"

I look at him with an icy shadow across my face that takes him by surprise. Then I turn back to the screen.

"You know you should be apologizing to me. Even though I'm not completely aware of what happened all yesterday, I remember the part where you told everyone about what I've been doing." Izaak sits on the other couch. It reminds me of the day I first caught him cheating. The first of many might I add.

"I said I'm sorry." I say in a monotone voice.

"But you didn't mean it. Some part of you wanted Ivy to feel hurt and you wanted to be the one to cause it, didn't you?"

"Not everyone is an absolute dick like you."

"That's where your wrong." I turn to him, "Not everyone shows it like I do."