It'd been like this ever since my mom died when I was eleven. My dad became an alcoholic and left me alone to take care of myself. 

But the good news? I turned eighteen four days ago, and with high school now over I could get the hell out of this place.

I tiptoed into my room, careful not to wake him up.

After what seemed like hours, I finally reached my destination. Quietly, I slid open my closet door, and pulled on a tight black dress with metallic detailing. It was short and revealing, but I didn't really care. It made me feel confident.

I packed some sweats, a few outfits, and my toiletries. I planned on staying at Madi's house for a few more days as we began our apartment hunt. We would move into an apartment together before college. I'd saved up all the money I had made working for the past two years, forming quite the bundle. 

I was lucky to have her. She was always there to protect me from my father on a bad night. 

After my bag was fully packed, I seized a pair of heels that I would put on later and crept back out of the house.

Almost there... Just a few more steps...

"Where the hell are you going?" My dad yelled menacingly.

Oh shit. I turned around slowly.

"Hi dad, I'm-um-I'm just going to Madi's house."

"Why are you dressed like a whore?"

"Uh-," I got cut off.

"I forget, you're just a little slut."

Tears pricked at the corner of my eyes. That hurt. I stared at him wide-eyed. I don't know how he still managed to hurt me after seven years of abuse, but somehow he managed.  

He began a coughing fit, looking over at me again, "What the hell are you looking at?"

I shook my head and swung the door open, running as fast as I could back to Madi's with my bag over my shoulder. Once I was almost to her house, out of no where I felt like I was tripped. In an instant I was falling to the concrete. I let out an embarrassingly wimpish scream, and looked around chaotically, trying to figure out how I just fell. I saw nothing. 

God Natalie... are you really that clumsy?

I brought my hands up and pushed off the ground, when two tall, buff, and strikingly handsome men in suits appeared in my line of vision. Expressionless, they each took one of my arms and shoved me into the backseat of a black car. What the hell? Am I being kidnapped?

I screamed and kicked at them, trying my best to get out of their grip but it was to no avail. One of the men punched me, throwing me further into the cab and shutting the door, locking me inside. 

I panicked, reaching for the lock and kicking at the window when the door wouldn't budge. 

Both of the men took their seats in the front of the car. The man in the passenger seat turned to me and gripped the back of my head, putting a cloth up to my mouth. I turned my head just in time for him to miss. 

"Who are you? Let me out!" I screamed reaching for the door handle again. 

He placed a hand around my throat and forced the cloth over my mouth once again, but this time I couldn't move. I breathed in the strange odor and my vision went black. 

***

I woke up in the same car but my surroundings were completely different. The view out the window was pitch black save for the bright stars that sprinkled the sky. I craned my neck to see that the stars flowed beneath us as well, and we didn't seem to be driving on anything. Like we were flying.