Chapter 14

"ZOE!!!!" Richard yelled with terror. He couldn't believe she had just sacrificed herself for him.
    "Filthy Terran!" Yamiron said with disgust as he pulled the blood stained sword out of Zoe and threw her aside.
    "NO!" Richard shouted as he dashed toward toward her with extreme speed and caught the dying girl in his arm.
    "Rich...ard," Zoe said faintly and with severe pain. Blood was starting to drip down the side of her mouth and into her dark brown hair.
    "Why did you do it, Zoe?" Richard sobbed, tears pouring out of his eyes.
    "Because... you saved me..." she said faintly, "and people need you... to save them." Her breath was sharp and obviously pained. Richard could see her fading away.
    "No. No, no, no, no!" Richard stuttered as he frantically tried to stop the bleeding. "You're going to be okay. I'm going to get you out of here." They both knew he was lying.
    "Richard," she whispered, "it's going to be okay." She reached up and put a blood stained hand on his cheek.
    "But I need you," Richard said weakly as he leaned into her hand on his face. he looked at her through his tears and said, "I love you."
    "I.... love you... too," she said with her last breath.
    Zoe Perillo was dead. Yamiron had killed her. And now Blue Star was going to kill him.
    Richard's extreme sorrow suddenly turned into unbridled rage.
    "You KILLED her!" Richard yelled with fury as he faced the monster.
    "She got in my way," Yamiron said with a sickening grin. "And if you don't give me the Starstone, I'll kill countless more of your fellow Terrans.
    "You want the Starstone?" Blue Star said as he began to glow, "I'll give you the Starstone!"
    As Richard said this, an unbelievable amount of energy surged through every fiber of his being. he felt like he could do anything.
    "How pathetic," Yamiron sneered, "I've upset the Terran."
    Richard lunged toward him. All he could think of was hurting Yamiron, and that's exactly what he did. When Blue Star reached him, his fist connected with Yamiron's face so powerfully that it sent him flying across the throne room. Richard felt something crack under his fist when he hit him, and it made him feel good.
    "Impossible!" Yamiron said as he emerged from a pile of rubble. he had his hand on his jaw and Richard saw that his face was cracked.
    Before he could think, Richard was upon him once more and was delivering a rapid series of powerful blows all over his body. His armour was cracking and falling off of his now bruised and cracked body with the force of each punch.
The whole time Richard was yelling at the top of his lungs saying, "I WILL END YOU!!!!" Richard then picked Yamiron up with one hand around his throat. All he could think of was crushing Yamiron's neck in his hand. It would be so easy.
But it wouldn't be what Zoe wanted.
Richard concentrated and placed his hand on the Darkstone.
"No! What are you doing?" Yamiron asked frantically.
"I'm stopping you from hurting anyone with the stone ever again," he answered darkly. He closed his eyes and focused all the Starstone's celestial energy into the Darkstone. There was suddenly a bright blue flash and the Darkstone shattered in Blue Star's hand.
"NOOOOOOO!!" Yamiron yelled with terror as he fell to the floor.
"Now all of your precious power is gone," Blue Star said.
"You will pay for this!" Yamiron threatened. "I may not have the stone, but I am still more powerful than you. I will never rest until-"
Richard cut him off as he kicked him in the face and knocked him unconscious.
Richard looked at the limp alien on the floor and for a split second the thought of slitting his throat passed through Richard's mind. He looked over at Zoe's lifeless body and remembered once again that it's not what she would have wanted. He still had to figure out what to do with this monster.
Suddenly, Richard remembered all the creatures he saw in the courtyard and knew what he had to do. He picked up Yamiron and carried him out to the balcony overlooking the aliens.
Blue Star held Yamiron over his head and shouted, "This monster has ruled over you with an iron fist for far too long! Today, his reign of terror and oppression is over!" Richard looked out at all the hundreds of creatures and continued. "Now he is your's to punish as you see fit." And with that last statement, Richard threw Yamiron off of the balcony and into the crowd below.
"Now you'll get what you deserve," Richard said to himself as he watched the aliens crowd around Yamiron. He then walked over to Zoe's body.
Richard looked at her perfect face one last time as he gently lifted her up into his arms, and flew off back to Earth.