Chapter 12

Richard sat outside of Zoe's house looking up at the stars. he was hoping they would tell him something again, but so far they haven't
    "What are you doing?"
    Richard turned to see Zoe walking up from behind. When she got to his side, she stopped and sat down close next to him.
    "I'm listening to the stars," he said nonchalantly.
    "They talk to you?" she asked, puzzled. She was probably hoping he wasn't crazy.
    "It's because of the stone," Richard assured her. "I think they tell me what's about to happen."
    "Like astrology," Zoe pointed out. "Are they saying anything?"
    "Not yet," he said, still looking up.
    They both sat and stared at the night sky in silence.
    "I just wanted to thank you for earlier,"Zoe said, breaking the silence, "for saving me. You're a real hero, Johnny."
    "Don't mention it."
    Johnny. There it was again. Richard couldn't stand lying to her anymore. it wasn't fair to her.
    "I lied," he blurted out.
    "What?" Zoe asked, confused.
    "I lied. About my name. It's not really Johnny." he said quickly, "I didn't want to hurt you, it's just..."
    He was cut off by her lips touching his. Zoe had kissed him, and it was perfect.
    "It's okay, Richard" she said as she pulled her lips away from his.
    Richard was dumbfounded.
    "You knew?!" he said, shocked.
    "Of course I did," she said smiling, "Everyone knows Richard Daniels, the Rock-Star Astronaut."
    Richard couldn't believe it. She knew all this time that he was lying, but she still cared about him.
    "You kissed me," he said quietly with an involuntary smile on his face.
    "Don't look so surprised," she said teasingly, "we both know you wanted to do the same."
    She was right. Zoe was perfect.
    "Goodnight, Hero," she said as she stood up. I'll see you in the morning." And she walked back into her house.
    As Richard sat there thinking of Zoe as he looked up at the stars, he suddenly felt a presence. A dark and evil one. It was similar to the creatures that attacked, but much more powerful. He stood up and looked around to see if he could tell what was causing it. As he looked around he saw a purple flash from inside Zoe's house, followed by a massive explosion.
    Richard was thrown on his back as Zoe's house was vaporized. All that was left when he looked was a giant purple bonfire.
    "ZOE!!!" he yelled frantically.
    As he started to run towards the house, he saw the silhouette of a big, hulking figure in the flames. As he got closer, he saw that Zoe was draped over the figure's shoulder. She was unconscious. Or worse.
    He started to reach for the Starstone, but before he could activate it, the figure sprouted wings and flew away at an incredible speed.
    "NOOOO!!" Richard yelled as he looked where the evil figure had flown away.
    As he fell to his knees, Richard noticed a dark purple crystal stuck in the ground beside him. When he reached out to touch it, it suddenly projected an image of a noseless, stone-skinned face. The stone had cracks in it that formed various patterns, and a purple light was glowing from underneath. On its bald head sat a black and jagged crown.
    "Greetings, Blue Star," said the ugly face. It was staring at him with with beady black eyes. "I am Lord Yamiron val Dark." The projection seemed to be some kind of recording. "That Starstone you stole belongs to me, and I intend to get it back." It paused for a moment, then continued. "In order to ensure its return, I have taken the human closest to you. Unless you bring the stone to my domain on Rojara, the planet you Terrans call 'Mars', I will kill her."
    And with that, the video ended and the crystal shattered.
    Richard didn't know who this monster was or why he did this, but he did now one thing: Yamiron val Dark was going to pay.
    "Don't worry, Zoe," Richard said as he placed the Starstone on his chest, "I'm coming to get you back."
    And he flew off to save the person closest to him.