Chapter 13

Blue Star flew towards Mars, or Rajara, as he recently discovered it was called,  faster than he's ever flown before. He didn't exactly know where Zoe was, but he could feel the stone guiding him.
    "Almost there, Zoe," he said to himself.
    Blue Star couldn't believe what this monster had done. He didn't steal anything. He didn't even want the stone. But he was going to use all of it's power to get Zoe back and stop that mad man.
    As he approached Mars, Blue Star felt the stone begin to guide him. He flew closer and closer to the surface until he came upon a massive blue castle.
    The castle was spectacular. It was miles wide and seemed to be made out of crystal. in its courtyard there were hundreds of the same creatures he had fought before. on various parts of the castle was the same symbol that was on Blue Star's chest. But he noticed something off about the castle. All throughout the castle walls were massive crevices, and protruding from each were clusters of jagged, purple crystal. It was as if the castle was infected and being overrun by the evil shards. On top of a enormous balcony, he noticed a giant door with the star symbol on it. Blue Star flew down and landed in front of it.
    Richard knew Zoe was on the other side. He could feel her. He could also feel the evil creature that took her. He placed his hand on the door and threw it open.
    Inside was a giant throne room. It matched the rest of the castle. It was infected by the vile crystals just like the outside. At the end of the room was a large throne made out of the same purple shards. Sitting on the throne was Yamiron val Dark and Zoe was chained up next to him.
    "Blue Star!" she exclaimed when she saw him.
    "Don't worry, Zoe," Blue Star said, "I'll get you out of here."
    "Not unless you give me the Starstone," interjected Yamiron. He was wearing a heavy suit of armour with thick spikes on it. The armor had a similar pattern as Richard's own star-suit, but purple instead of blue. Sitting on his right chest was a jagged stone similar to the Starstone.
    "Why do you want this stone so badly?" asked Blue Star.
    "Because it was my older brother's," he explained, "and I didn't kill him for nothing."
    The way Yamiron said that made Richard shudder. How could anyone kill their own brother. And not even care.
    "You're sick," Blue Star told him with disgust.
    "No I'm not," argued Yamiron, "I can't rule this entire planet with just my Darkstone." He gestured to the stone on his chest.
    "What even is the Starstone?" asked Richard. He was tired of being in the dark and wanted some answers.
    "You're a curious Terran, aren't you?" he said as he stood up from his stone. "I suppose I'll tell you. It's not as if you can do anything with the knowledge." With this statement Yamiron suddenly dashed forward with blinding speed and stopped inches from Blue Star's face.
    Blue Star for the first time got a good look at him. He was about eight feet tall and smelt of dirt and blood. he started to pace around Richard, but he held his ground. He wasn't afraid of this monster, he just wanted to make him pay for what he had done.
    "The Starstone is a mystical gem created by my older brother, King Hikario val Light, in order to protect his kingdom," he explained. "It allows the owner to harness celestial energy in order to project any weapon they so desire." Yamiron continued to pace around Richard.
    "I attempted to copy my brother's magic and made my own stone with similar power, but it was never as powerful as the Starstone was in his hands." Yamiron stopped pacing in front of Blue Star's face and stared at him before continuing to explain. "My brother designed the Starstone to go on to the next most worthy candidate should he ever pass. It was supposed to be me when i killed him, but one of his servants flew off with it just before you stole it."
    Richard thought back to that day on the space shuttle and remembered the two fighting beings. That one with the stone must have been Hikario's servant.
    "I didn't steal it," said Blue Star, "it chose me. You said yourself that it chooses the next most worthy candidate."
    "Why would the Starstone think you are worthy?" Yamiron asked with a twisted grin.
    "Maybe because I actually care about protecting people," Blue Star said with fire in his eyes, "unlike you, who only cares about power." Blue Star could feel an energy rising inside of him.
    "And what's better than power?" asked Yamiron, no longer smiling.
    "How about saving those who can't save themselves," Richard said with pride in his voice, "and also saving the ones you love!"
    At that last word, Richard projected a shield and pushed past Yamiron as he charged towards Zoe. He covered the distance between the two of them in half a second. When he reached Zoe, he grabbed her by the chains still tied around her and flew off towards the door.
    "I've got to get you out of here," Richard said to Zoe as they flew toward the door.
    "Richard," she began to say, but she stopped as something wrapped itself around their legs. Richard looked down and saw that it was a purple chain with Yamiron at the other end. Before Blue Star could react, Yamiron yanked them down out of the air with unbelievable force.
    Blue Star crashed down on his back with Zoe in his arms. The impact was powerful enough to crack the crystal floor, along with a few of Blue Star's ribs. Richard grunted as he rolled over with Zoe. He was severely hurt, and he could feel it, but the suit seemed to be stopping some of the pain.
    "You're not leaving here with my stone!" he heard Yamiron yell. Richard looked up and saw him running at the two of them with a battle ax raised above his head. Blue Star pushed Zoe away as gently as he could and thought of a sword.
    When Yamiron reached them, he brought the ax down with all of his strength, but was sent stumbling backward as Blue Star blocked the blow with his sword. Blue Star lunged while his enemy was disoriented, but Yamiron blocked the blade with his ax handle. He then thrust the handle upward and struck Blue Star in the jaw with the bottom of the shaft. This sent Richard sliding backwards and the sword flew out of his hands.
    While Blue Star was left open, Yamiron punched him in the chest so hard that it sent him flying across the throne room. Blue Star was still on his feet, but his chest was in extreme pain and he tasted blood. Each of his breaths were short and sharp.
    "You're not going to win," Yamiron said smugly, "my stone gives me extensive knowledge of all of Earth's weapons. There's nothing you could use that I won't know how to beat."
    He was right. No matter how good the Starstone made Richard, the Darkstone made Yamiron just as good. Even better when you include the knowledge. No Earth weapon will work.
    "But what if the weapon isn't from Earth?" Richard thought to himself, suddenly realizing a possible solution. "What if the weapon isn't even real?"
    Richard knew what he had to do. he thought back to his childhood and remembered watching his favorite sci-fi show. He then thought of the weapon that he'd always wanted to use for all of his life. No sooner than he thought of it, a large, curved blade with three handles cut into it appeared in his hands.
    "What's that?" Yamiron asked with a shocked look on his face.
    "It's called a bat'leth," retorted Blue Star, "and you'll find you have no knowledge of the weapon due to the fact that it doesn't exist." Blue Star ran at Yamiron and spun around as he slashed at his chest. Yamiron tried to block it, but it struck lower than he had anticipated, and it left a shallow gash right in between two segments of armour on his stomach. A glowing, purple ooze began to drip out.
    "How dare you!" Yamiron said enraged. It was obvious he wasn't used to feeling pain, let alone seeing his own blood ( or whatever that was ). Before Yamiron could further react, Blue Star got down on one knee and slashed at him again, this time leaving a deeper gash in his thigh. "Stop that!" Yamiron yelled. He kicked at Blue Star, but he wasn't fast enough. Blue Star was already behind him. This time, Richard pulled the blade down quickly and left a cut all the way down Yamiron's back.
    "It's working!" Richard thought with excitement. "I'm winning!" But his victory was short lived.
    "ENOUGH!" Yamiron bellowed as he conjured a massive hammer. When Blue Star came back around the front to strike again, Yamiron swung the hammer with all of his strength and the mallet connected with Richard's head.
    Richard went flying and impacted with the wall. He then fell limp to the floor. He was only barely aware of Yamiron coming at him with a sword. he thought he heard someone yell, but he couldn't be sure of anything. All he was sure of was that he was going to die. He closed his eyes and waited for the blade to impale him.
    The blade cut through flesh. There was a sharp gasp followed by pained whimpers. But it wasn't Richard.
    Blue Star opened his eyes to see Zoe staring at him with tears streaming down her face and a sword sticking out of her chest.