Chapter 18

Even Angels Fall ~ Chapter 18

I fiddled with Azalia's toy as we waited paitently for Harry and Nallia to return. The blubbering toddler was now sound asleep in her father's arms who, quite tirelessly, attempted to make small talk between us. I answered his questions animatedly and soon came to find him quite the charming character but it became quite clear to the both of us that the conversation had run dry having no particular direction to begin with.

Zayn set the sleeping child down in her rather large cradle and pulled himself up off the ground, offering me a hand. "Let's go see what those two are up to." I smiled thankfully as he led me through a spacious corridor that appeared to narrow as it reached a further end. By the time we'd reached the open door at the end we were walking in single file, myself toddling along behind Zayn, unable to see anything past his significantly larger build.

Zayn's voice boomed in the quiet house, bouncing off the walls as he stepped into the room. "Hands off my woman, Styles!" He growled playfully, pulling Nallia to his said but not before I caught of her snuggled comfortably into Harry's chest. An odd pang resonated in my chest as I replayed the glimpse of their embrace in my head.

Don't be ridiculous, she's married! With a kid!

I shook my head of the thoughts and plastered on a smile as Harry slipped an arm around my waist. "Everything cool?" Zayn asked his wife, failing rather miserably at hiding his glances at Harry through his peripheral vision. "Yep," she smiled, "just catching up. It's been a while."

"Anywho," Harry cleared his throat, "there's some sort of convention thing next week and managment said they wanna' see the two of you there." Nallia groaned dramatically. "Don't tell me its another one with all the old people!" Harry shook his head.

"Na, its some fashion thing. I don't know." Zayn rolled his eyes when his wife perked up almost instantly at the word fashion. "You know what that means," she grinned wickedly up at her husband, wiggling her eyebrows. This time Zayn groaned and exchanged a look with Harry. "Shopping spree!" She sung with glee, clapping her hands excitedly.

"Shh you'll wake up Azalia!" Zayn scolded her and she pouted.

"Oh my gosh!" She yelped, attaching herself to my arm like a leech. I stared at her wide-eyed as she hit me with a mischevious grin that resembled Harry's chesire cat smile so distinctly it scared me. "We should have a girl's day! We can go shopping and get our nails and hair done and have lunch together!" She squealed shrilly.

"Uh..." I looked to Harry for assisstance but he only took a step towards Zayn. I let out a shallow sigh. "I'd love to but um I'm kind of on a tight budget. I need to save up what I have for now."

"Save?" Nallia spluttered, practically choking on the word. I nodded solemnly. "I lost my job and apartment and I've been living with Harry for the past week." I scuffed my shoes on the floor only looking up when I felt Harry's arm around my shoulders.

"You don't have to be ashamed of it, you're my girlfriend now." I could feel warm tears burning in my eyes as my chest caved in overwhelming emotions at Harry's soft words. I stood on my tiptoes to press my lips fleetingly to his but his arm swiftly came around to my waist and held me to him as the kiss deepened. When he pulled back and rested his forehead against mine I could catch glimpses of Nallia's head buried in Zayn's shoulder and smiles tugging on both their lips.

"Here," Harry murmurred, pressing something cold against the palm of my hand. I pulled back slightly and looked down at the silver credit card he'd handed me. "No, no, no." I shook my head. "Just take it." He smiled down at me. "Thats a platinum card, Harry! No way am I taking it."

He let out a defeated sigh and glanced at Nallia for help. "Just use it for our shopping day and return it." She reasoned. I glanced at the glittering card nervously, trying effortlessly not to cave into the warbling temptation. "I'll spend too much!" I handed the card back to Harry and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'll put a cap on it. There'll be enough money for you to spend comfortably but the cap will stop any of you going berzerk and cut the supply off at a certain amount." Nallia gave me her best puppy dog face. "Please, please, please!" She hopped around.

"Okay!" I caved, "but this is the only time I'm using this thing." I tapped the card against Harry's chest and he beamed down at me.

"Well Zaynie boy, looks like you're going to be broke after this." I laughed along with Harry as Nallia smiled innocently up at her husband and he rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Damn you, Styles."