Chapter 7

Even Angels Fall ~ Chapter 7

I leapt off the floor, bounding after him as his large form filled the frame of the bathroom door. He turned around just as I approached him, a simper tugging at the edges of his mouth. I slowed to a soft pad before him, a single hand snaking out and cupping his hip. Meshing our bodies together, I let my hand gradually inch along his bare chest, my fingers tracing the lines of his well-defined abdominals. "Harry," I purred.

"Rose." He hummed in reply. The name he'd given me rolled off his tongue, paralysing me momentarily. I'd familiarised, it seemed, myself with him calling me Princess, the sudden lapse in his choice of names fazed me. "Rose?" He pressed, peering down at me from beneath dark lashes.

"Who are you?" I shook my head, turning away and shuffling back into the lounge room. He was hot on my heels, barely letting me escape before he pressed his chest to my back. My eyebrows shuffled together awkwardly, resisting the folds of my skin as they ached to meet each other in a heated kiss, creasing my forehead in the process. A single calloused hand gripped my hip, keeping me locked to him firmly, while the other traced odd figures into my flesh.

"I'm Harry Styles," he whispered into my ear, dancing his lips against the skin there. "I'm your Prince and you're my Princess." The snort gurgled from my throat before I could supress it and I could feel him tensing at the action. "I'm no Princess, Harry."

"Well, that's debatable." He reasoned, leading me around to the couch. "There's no debate about it," I contradicted, "It's simple, I'm no-" His tongue slipped into my mouth, leaving me no chance to resist as his lips fused to mine. His mouth worked in slow, almost languid movements, caressing mine in what seemed like an alluring dance. He curled his fingers into the strands of my hair, easing me down onto the couch beneath him. Unlike any other time, I didn't struggle against him, instead I allowed myself the moment of pleasure, sinking visibly in submission.

He didn't seem to miss the action, gently taking my hand in his and looping my fingers into his own coiled locks. I willingly complied, tugging on the shorter curls at the nape of his neck, eliciting a soft growl that left his lips as they momentarily left mine. "Just stop talking." He rasped, leaning his forehead against mine. The laughter bubbled in my stomach for no apparent reason, but I suppressed it, peppering kisses along his jawline. I yanked back the curls on top of his forehead, spraying sloppy kisses along his face.

"Stop it," He growled, gripping my face firmly between his hands. His reaction disheartened me to say the least, every thought of pleasure simply evaporating. Instead, I felt a dreaded sense of hurt nuzzle itself into the pit of my stomach, my chest becoming seemingly tight. I ripped my face from his hands with one swift movement of my neck, quickly squirming out from underneath him. Throwing off his perplexed expression, I stalked into the kitchen, quickly filling a glass with water from the tap.

I kept my back turned, glugging down the clear fluid to douse the rapidly growing fire within me, even when I heard his padding footsteps step within the frame of the door. "Rose?" I ignored him, closing my eyes to avert the ragged blotches that were clouding over my vision. "Ro-" His voice was cut short as his phone began recklessly jangling from his back pocket. With blatant hesitation, he flicked out the ringing cell, quickly swiping his finger across the screen to silence the call and set it down on the bench top.

"Rose I-"

"I don't want to hear it!" I yelled, my voice booming from my chest with a vigour I never knew existed within me. A definite shattering noise echoed my voice, the glass shattering between my fingers as I slammed it down against the sink in frustration. "Fuck," I cursed under my breath, stepping away from the splintered remains to tend to my bleeding hand.

"Let me help." He came up beside me, sliding the first aid kit from the top shelf of the cupboard I'd managed to shuffle open and setting it down. "I can do it myself." I countered, nudging the kit towards me with my elbow and attempting to flick open the clips. "Don't be stubborn." He warned, his voice attaining a dangerous timbre. With that, he took the box from my hands, flicked it open, and effortlessly picked me up, setting me on the counter beside the kit. Without a word he began to methodically clean the wound, only slightly relenting when a soft hiss escaped me at the contact of the burning fluid with my torn skin. He wrapped my hand with a white bandage and then turned away to pack the first aid kit where it belonged.

Still fuming, I awkwardly managed to slide myself off the bench, landing off-balance without the support of both hands. His hands snaked out to grab me but I quickly brushed him off, trudging over to clean the rest of the shattered glass. He planted himself on the opposite end, arms folded firmly over his chest, face stern as ever. I continuously disregarded him, sensing his growing irritation in the matter. When I'd disposed of the last shards of glass, I turned to face him, meeting his steely gaze with one of my own.

"I don't even get why you were pissed off to begin with." He grated, glaring across at me.

"I tried," I began, attempting furiously to contain my anger, "I didn't even resist when you kissed me, and then when I try to take it one step further..." I stopped, closing my eyes and rubbing my hands together feverishly. My voice had seemed to escalate swiftly, despite my futile attempts to maintain it. "When I tried to take it one step further," I began again, keeping my voice as stable as possible, "You tell me to stop." I barely repressed the sneer that twitched at my lips when my voice cut off.

"I-I didn't mean it like that." His arms fell away from his chest, reaching out to me as he took a step closer. "If you'd continued I don't think I'd have be-" Harry's sentence was cut short once more as his now-irritating ringtone blared from the speakers once more.

"I think you should get that." I said, my voice stony. With a sigh, he picked up the phone, spoke hurriedly into the receiver and flicked it off while he could. My gaze stayed averted, purposely avoiding his probing eyes. "I have to go," He said softly, running a hand through his tousled locks, "I'll...never mind." He huffed out a breath then shuffled out of the kitchen. I stayed as I was in the kitchen, only vaguely flinching when the front door echoed his departure.