Chapter 5

I walk out of the room and rush to the sergeants cabin to find Zayn. I walk in getting stares from everyone. I have to see him before I leave, just to tell him I'm sorry for no listening. I can't leave with him mad at me.

I walk around and see no one there. Even when I ask around, I cnat find him. I have 15 minutes until it's time for take off. I take off in a sprint, not finding anything.

I rush to the helicopters feeling down now that I might die without seeing him again. I sit down in the seat and buckle up. The assistance hands me a survival pack and jumps off of the helicopter. I say a silent prayer and hold my stomach for the lift.

The flight to the 457 is long and tiring. I fell asleep about 3 times, if it weren't for the noise it might've been more. We land far above a building and the pilot wishes me good fortune. I hop off with my weapon in my hand and rush into the bulding.

As I walk in I see a the whole crew lined up against the wall. I follow suit and line up against the wall too. There's at least 15 of us and one leader who us standing in front of us.

"My name is General Colins. Get all the rest you can because tonight, we're going hunting." He says walking away curtly. We all look around confused and fall out of line. I walk over to a corner, covering my mouth as I cough. I sit down and look through my bag.

Knife, water, Advil, bullets, granade, dry fruit-

"May I sit here?" I hear a familiar voice. When I see his face I jump to my feet and hug his neck.

"I thought I'd never see you again and I felt so bad about leaving you the way I did. I'm so happy to see a familiar face as much as I love pretending to hate you. Why are you here? Oh gosh, maybe I should let you talk." I said sighing. He smiles shaking his head.

"I couldn't let you come out here alone, I'd feel guilty." Those few words answered my entire statement. How pleasant. I smile dispite myself, his presence taking away my worry. I cough in my arm and grab a napkin to blow my nose.

"You don't sound too great."

"Yeah, I think I'm coming down with something. But I'll be fine I'm sure." I shrug with a smile still plastered on my face.

We wait around talking as night falls. I feel my nerves getting the best of me as each hour passes. Then finally night falls and everyone suits up with loaded guns.

"Cookie, whatever you do, don't loose sight of me. I can't loose you out here, there's a chance that I won't get you back." He says, his eyes intense how they were when he'd be angry with me.

"Okay. But don't think I won't make my own decisions. Remember, I'm not your child, I'm your friend." I look at him pointedly.

"Whatever." He mumbles looking the other way. I shake my head and listen for the next instructions.

"I want you guys to team up. We're looking for plans. If you find anything, report back to me. Remember where you go because you have to get back. Alright, good luck."

Before Gen. Colins can finish his sentence, Zayn takes my hand and pulls us out into the dark. A guy named Derek follows behind us quietly.

"So do you know if there are people around?" I ask.

"Of course there are people around." He says walking ahead and making a path for us.

"I mean villagers. People who actually live here."

"Yes."

"So won't they find us?"

"Yes." I frown quietly and follow behind him. We walk behind him and I make small talk with Derek. I find out that he's 19, he's going to Washington State soon, he has a girlfriend at home, and he's an immigrant from Dominican Republic.