Chapter 2

"Today you will be starting off with running. You know how it goes, you stop you're out. Got it?" Malik asks. He wears a pair of fatigue pants and a black beater shirt. His olive skin shines on his tattoo covered body.

"Sir, yes sir." We all answer forming a quick line behind him.

"Alright. Let's go." He says starting his jog. He ends up in the back again with me. Those dummies just don't get it. He runs beside me peeking quick glances at me.

"How about I give you a chance to apologize? I don't want anything bad to happen to you, you're a nice gal." He says looking straight ahead.

"I say what I mean and I mean what I say." I respond keeping up with his longer legs.

"Cookie don't do this to yourself." He tries to rationalize with me.

"Don't call me that." I growl.

"Okay, you asked for it." He mumbles. We finish our full run around and go back to the field. We follow Malik and he goes to the bars.

"Massey, I need you again today." He says calling me out of the crowd of men. I walk up, tightening the cap that held back my curly hair.

I get to the front and stand in front of him firmly. He wears that evil grin still making me internally cringe.

"Get on the bars." He says. I stare at him confused for a few seconds then walk over to the bars before hopping and latching on. I look down at everyone as I hang there. Zayn starts pacing around,

"Ms. Messy here is an example of the penalty of disrespect. There is no exception for absurd rudeness. Because I can't physically touch you, this, and a few others, are my only options." He stands in front of me. "She will be staying up here until I tell her too come down. If she falls she will be eliminated." I watch as everyone looks at me and him with confusion. Wondering what I did to make him do this to me.

"Alright, let's go." He says starting to walk. Everyone stands still, staring at me. "I said lets go!" Malik yells making everyone jump and follow after him.

I watch as they exercise and every so often Malik looks over to me with a sly grin. I roll my eyes. After an hour I feel the burn in my arms. I hear the whistle and everyone leaves the field, leaving me alone. He's not letting me go?

The burning in my arms start to become unbearable. Knowing Malik, he's probably watching to see of I'll drop. I look up at the bar that my fingers hold on to. I push my arms down and lift my body up of the bar. I sit on the bar with my legs dangling. I watch as the sun slowly goes down. Just as it approaches sunset Zayn walks onto the field, walking to me.

"I see you're clever."

"Mhm." I yawn tiredly.

"I guess you can get down." He says scratching his neck.

"Aye aye Captain." I respond trying to find the least painful way down. I feel the extreme aching in the joints of my arms. I put my hands on the bar and push my body down. But my arms are weak and my hands slip. Malik catches me, his arms wrapping around my torso as he pulls me to his chest and stumbles back.

"I-I'm sorry." I stammer.

"It's okay." He says staring into my eyes making me shiver. He looks down at his arms and basically pushes me off of him.