chapter 11~

Today was the day. You've made your way through the finals, and the bleachers was going to be so much more crowded.

Staring into space while standing in front of the bus, your best friend cheered.

"Alright let's go! Woohoo!"

You hushed her and snapped out of your thoughts, trying to calm your nerves as you weren't so used to many people watching you play. It pressured you.

-

Reaching the gymnasium, you took a deep breath. Today was going to be stressful, you thought.

"Ne, the boys are watching us play too," Hana mumbled and grinned like an idiot.

"It makes no difference," you replied simply and headed into the gymnasium, preparing yourself and your team mates for the finals.

After some warm ups, you decided to have some food before meeting up with your brother, Kenma.

You walked aimlessly along the hallways, chatters and attention turning towards you. People marked you as Nekoma's ace and idolized how good you were.

"Kenma! Kuroo!" You waved and got their attention.

They squeezed their way through the seas of people and you felt your nerves fading away. As you were about to speak, Kenma handed you tape.

Looking at him with confusion, he spoke. "I don't want you to injured your fingers." Upon hearing, you smiled and hugged him thankfully.

"The match is about to start," Kuroo stated awkwardly. "Uh, good luck!" He added and a slight pinkish color creeped onto his cheeks.

"Okay~ See you!" You waved them off and ran to the court.

-

Cheers and applauds were heard, and you felt nervous again, thinking that it's a five set match today.

"Captain, you need to calm down," your junior patted your back and looked at you with encouraging eyes.

"Take a few deep breaths and drink some water," she added and you smiled. "Thanks."

It worked slightly, and your nervous eyes turned into a determined one. You were going to make today a victory for Nekoma, and you will not accept defeat.

The line up was over, so everyone was now in their regular positions. Everyone at Deiko was tall and definitely seemed strong, the tape around your fingers was secured tightly and the knee pads on your knees were protecting you throughout the match.

The cheers soon silenced down as your team prepared to serve the first ball.

It was pressurizing, but fortunately the serve was a good one.

The set went by slowly, after many spikes and blocks your team led 23-21.

You weren't giving it your all, as you had to reserve energy for later on. When the whistle blew, the first set belonged to your team and there was a break.

You could see Kuroo and Kenma smiling at you, and you gave them a thumbs up. Your nerves was calmed and you didn't let it get to you anymore.

The referee called everyone back on court when the break was over, and you highfived your team mates before the serve.

-

You were feeling exhausted, your stamina dropping and your energy running low. However, you didn't give up.

You had two sets already, and now you were in the middle of the forth set.

The score was 27-26, with Deiko leading dangerously. It was their setter's serve, and you couldn't help but feel anxious.

You wouldn't want anyone to mess this up. Your libero dived in to receive the serve, bringing the ball up high to the setter.

They were planning to give you the ball, and you positioned yourself before focusing on the ball intently, not wanting to miss a millisecond of the ball's rhythm.

Swinging your arm as fast as you can, the ball landed on the three meter line and swooshed past the opponents like a gush of wind.

"Osu!!" You cheered and went to the sideline to serve. You were known not only for your powerful spikes and accurate game sense, but also your tricky serves.

Scanning and analyzing everyone on the other side of the court, your eyes landed on a poor receiver and tried your best to aim at them.

The ball was way too off and it hit the wall before landing on the ground, giving away a point to your team.

The score now was 28-27, you taking the lead.

"One more!" You encouraged everyone and they seemed fired up.

As you did your jump serve, the spectators watched intently and some taking photos. You could sense how resilient the opponents were.

They received your serve, having a hard time obviously, but managed to keep the ball in play.

Signals and shouts could be heard and the rally continued for minutes, each second more and more pressurizing.

-

The whistle blew and the opponent crouched down on the floor, regretting how they didn't managed to save that ball.

You scored the last point with a feint, making Deiko regret how they didn't see that coming.

The announcer announced your team's win and went up to the podium to receive the medals. It was shiny in golden color, a carving of a volleyball in the japan flag.

"And the best overall spiker this season is Kira Kozume!" You went up to the podium to receive another medal. This time it was carved with a spiker preparing to spike the ball in mid air with two blockers.

"And the best overall setter this year is Haruki Mizuya from Deiko!" You clapped and smiled at her. Somehow after the match you two shook hands longer than the rest and her telling you to play again sometime.

-

You went to the locker room to get changed with your team mates and sensei holding the trophy after taking bunches of pictures and selfies.

Kuroo sent you a text, wanting you to meet him at the rooftop after you're done. You replied a 'okay' and went off.

When you reached, you sighed and greeted him plainly and gazed into his eyes.

Gazing at the night sky, he spoke, "So, spring tournament is over, congrats on your win and your title," he smiled.

"About the confession..." he trailed off. "You don't have to tell me now," he stated with a awkward expression.

"I wanted to talk about it though," you suggested. There was tension and awkward silence between you two.

"I'd say yes though," you stated bluntly without any sugar coating.

"Really?" His eyes shone like the stars. "Yessss," you dragged your answer and hugged him tightly, your face burying into his chest.

Meanwhile your team mates hid behind the door and took a picture of you and your boyfriend, posting it with the caption:

No caption, just love.

-

A crappy way to end the story. Yes this is the last chapter. I'm planning to start a new one though, like the Kuroko no basket one, but I doubt Haikyuu fans will like it...