chapter 1

Taking a deep breath, you inhaled the smell of the Sakura trees around, surrounding your school. It was the first day of school after a long holiday.

You were a third year now, which means it's going to be your last year in Nekoma High. As you stepped into the school compound, many rebels greeted you with a smirk and some called out your name, saying a 'yo!' or 'morning boss' to you.

You were getting used to these people greeting you with weird formal names like 'boss'. You let out a ghostly half smile to them and walked to the auditorium for morning assembly.

Most of the third years have already assembled in the hall, seating in a row according to classes. You were one of the latest to come, so you ended up somewhere at the back of the auditorium.

As the principal was greeting all of you, an aura of pride strode in, and thumps of footsteps could be heard against the wooden floor. Many gulped and some were shaking upon the sight of the looming shadow, and you cocked a brow, not understanding the situation.

"Yo boss!" One of the guys in front of you greeted and held a thumbs up. As the guy got closer, you made out his features and nearly choked.

He is about 6 foot tall, with a slender but muscular figure, his hair covered his right eye and his shoulders were broad. He had a scheming look on his face and his eyes, were similar to cats, and in bright golden color.

Bruh, it's him, you thought as you snorted at the attention he got and the familiar figure walking towards you.

"Ohayo third years," the principal greeted, seeing everyone was here. The tall guy sat beside you and you glanced at him, and your heart thumped. Scheming, crafty and a badass, you thought.

"Stop looking or you'll have a nosebleed," he smirked, his eyes staring into yours intensely. You raised a brow and let out a invisible smile, "Why would I have a nosebleed when looking at your crazy mofo hair?"

"Darn you, Kira," he snarled while grabbing your wrist. "Did you say anything, Tetsurou?" You looked at him with a pair of innocent eyes.

"You-"

"Kuroo-kun and Kira-chan, stop talking when I am," the principal warned, you two ignored him and Kuroo held up a thumb up sign, annoying the principal further.

As the principal kept rambling about how are your progresses last year, you and Kuroo were busy bickering."

"Stupid," he sneered.

"Is that all you got?" you cocked your head.

"Urusai you dumb-"

"Both of you, at the back, stand!" The principal barked. "Woah chill," Kuroo snickered, and earned a death glare from the principal.

All eyes were on the both of you as you two stood at the back of the auditorium, and you were standing in a 'I don't care' way while Kuroo stood straight, his eyes half closed and a slight smirk playing on his lips.

"You just got us into trouble," you jabbed him in the hip. He flinched and looked at you with wide eyes, glaring at you fiercely. "Shut up before I make you," he let out a raspy warning.

"Lame," you retorted.

"One more and I will-"

"Lame~" You dragged the single syllable.

He grabbed your wrist and pulled you in front of him, you smirked and shrugged. "Hands off," you swatted his palm away and rubbed your wrist.

"You're such a difficult woman," he huffed.