Chapter 1 Story 1

walking outside, alone, at night was never a good idea, but now beasts roamed the darkened streets.  If you step outside after 8:00 p.m. you are almost guaranteeing yourself death.  You have to keep your pets inside otherwise they will be eaten.

Tonight a young girl slowly crept across the silent streets, quietly avoiding twigs and dry leaves.  She breathed slowly and quietly, trying not to make any noise, for if she did, they would grab her, and take her away, never to be seen again.

She felt a prickle, chill, on her back; someone or something was watching her.  Carefully she glanced over her shoulder.  Nothing appeared to be there,but she knew the beast were there carefully analizing each and every move she made.

Drawing in a deep, shaky breath she took a single, tiny step forward, and another, tip-toeing her way across the the bridge, that curved over the small river, that ran through the little park. 

When she made it across, she turned around, checking to see if anything had followed her.  While her back was turned there was a thump.  She slowly turned back around to face whatever had made the noise.  As soon as she did her eyes went wide, it was one of the beasts.