VIII

Louis had been home alone all morning.

When him and Danielle were in bed this morning she woke him up asking what his plans were for that day and when he said that he was meeting a friend she flipped out.

He had to remind her to keep her voice down because the children were most likely still asleep but she carried on just as loud.

"Why can't you ever stay home?! Why do you always have to go out on nights out and get wasted!!" He recalled her shouting at him.

The thing was, he hadn't gone out for a beer with anyone in over six months. He had never really had a large group of friends but he did have a couple of old friends from uni that he still kept in touch with.

Actually, that was the last time he went out for a beer. It was when he met up with Liam in London for a bit of a uni reunion. A couple more people joined too but Louis was closet with Liam.

She then went on to tell him that she was taking Westly and Oscar out shopping for some new clothes and shoes.

She would do that every so often. She would take them out and treat them to whatever they wanted so they would think that she's the better parent.

She never used her own credit card though. It was always Louis'.

And she wondered why they struggled to pay the bills.

The doorbell ringing drew him out of his thoughts.

He got up off the sofa where he was half asleep watching some random show of some sorts. He didn't bother to learn the name of it.

When he opened the door he was happy to see the man from the AA who was here to fix his car.

"Hey I'm here to fix the car." The guy said and Louis smiled at him.

"Brilliant, I'll just show you to it." He grabbed the spare car key before jogging down the front steps to where his car was parked.

"But daddy, why can't I go out with you tonight?" Dorothy pouted once Harry told her he would be taking her to his mums for the night.

"Because daddy needs some alone time with a friend of his."

1, he was glad she wasn't of an age to understand how that could have been taken and, 2, he wasn't going to tell her that he was seeing Louis because it would make everything even harder as she liked the man as he did himself.

"Daddy you know the bed in nannies house is horrible. My beds the most comfortable." He chuckled and shook his head lightly.

Only his daughter would not want to stay at her nans because the bed was uncomfortable.

"Dori you have to go end of." He knew it sounded harsh and he didn't like it but sometimes he had to give her a bit of tough love to get through to her.

A couple of hours later, once his mum had picked Dorothy up, Harry was touching up his hair when the doorbell rang signalling that Louis was there.

Harry was nervous for the evening to say the least.

He didn't often go out for drinks with people and if he was honest, he wasn't even sure why he asked Louis if he wanted to go out with him but he did and now he was here, he had to deal with it.

He strolled down to the door and opened it to be greeted by Mr Tomlinson bent over, tying his shoe or something, with his ass sticking out right about Harry's crouch level.

He had to take a deep breath before saying hello because otherwise god knows what would have come out of his throat.

"Oh um, sorry." Louis blushed and stood up when he heard Harry's voice. He didn't even know the door had been opened.