17. Tom

=3:29pm, 27th February 2016=

"How are you feeling?"

"Like utter garbage, but better. Thanks for your concern, sweetheart."

"You should really just stay in the hospital. It'll be good for you- there are Doctors and Nurses that'll take care of you."

"Well, the one that I want isn't here."

"I wish I could be there, really."

"No, you conceited girl. My doctor isn't here. He's overseas and I can't seem to get ahold of him."

"Oh..."

"I'll place you second to that, yes?"

"Go fuck yourself."

"As a doctor, you should know that that defies the laws of science, sweetheart."

"Assho-" [Someone approaches Naya from behind, calling her name.]

"Naya?"

"Hold on, someone's talking to me."

"Yes?"

"Hi, I'm Tom." [The 6 foot, suave looking guy greets Naya, extending a hand to her.]

"I'm Naya but I guess you already knew that."

[Standing a feet away from the guy, she ignores his handshake.]

"Um... Yeah, you really have no idea how many people talk about you."

"I beg your pardon? Who the hell is this idiotic wanker?"

"I'm sorry, what?"

"As in your grades! A... and you're also really pretty an.. and beautiful."

"Well, you certainly know how to flirt. Go ahead and stutter a little more!"

"Thanks Tom, but no thanks... to whatever you're going to offer me next."

"Atta girl."

"No, no! I just wanted to ask if you could... tutor me? I don't think I did too well the last exam and I could really use your help."

"This bloke is playing the pity card, eh?"

"Look, Tim."

"Tom."

"Right... Tom. I honestly would've reluctantly accepted this but with work and school, I don't have time to tutor anyone. Sorry."

"Please! I really need it! My family's paying a shit load of money to get me into this school. I can't fail. You understand that, don't you?"

"No, Naya. Don't fall for it."

"I do but-"

"Just one session and I promise I'll be out of your hair."

[Naya contemplates about the poor guy's pleas, earnestly wanting to politely reject him.]

"Please..."

"Good lord, she's going to agree. I can feel it tingling."

"Fine."

[Silas, on the other end, lets out a big whine.]

"Someone get me a medal."