Chapter 5

I stood staring at the scene in front of me in complete shock. I was shaking so bad I expected to fall over any minute. I put my arm round Damo trying to comfort him, but he just pushed it away and gave me a 'This is all your fault' look, which is in all honesty what I expected.

From what I could see, another car had crashed into the back of Damo's parent's car, causing it to topple over. Judging by the angles of the car, it looks as though Damo's father had tried to swerve out the away but lost control. I'm sure it will be investigated and the police will let is no soon exactly how the crash tool place.

The fire was already put out, and I watched as the paramedics were trying to rescue Damo's parents from the car. They pulled his mother out first and Damo sped over. Police officers were trying to stop him but they had no luck. Damo came to a sudden halt and dropped to the floor beside his mother as a white blanket was placed over her.

To keep her warm.

No.

The blanket was over her face.

She is dead.

Tears came flooding from my eyes; I can't believe this has happened. She was such a lovely woman, very attractive, with piercing blue eyes and long, wavy blonde hair; she had an amazing figure for her age. She had Damo at a young age and was only forty, but yet she could have passed for his sister easy.

I stared at Damo, even in the dark I could see the tears roll down his cheeks. I've never seen him cry before, he is usually so macho, but I guess being sat next to your dead mother is enough to make anybody break down. He was just sat staring at her. He didn't even notice his father being pulled at, and again the same was done to him a white sheet was placed above him. I noticed the paramedic talking to an officer, the officer now making his way towards Damo.

So many feelings were going through me right now.

Sadness

Sacredness

Guilt

Guilt more than anything. If I wouldn't have made his father stop the car, then this wouldn't have happened. If I wouldn't have flirted with Shay last night then Damo wouldn't have lashed out tonight making us leave and argue, which cause me to get out the car in the first place. No matter how you look at this, it is all my fault.

My thoughts were broken by a police officer in front of me. He looked like your stereo typical police officer, round and podgy. The type that looks like he would sit at his desk with a box of donuts whilst crimes are happening under his very nose.

"Excuse me... Miss Scott, is it?" I nodded slightly, but if I'm honest I don't think my head moved much.

"Your boyfriend, Mr Matthews, is going to be here a while, vie offered him someone to speak to down at the hospital, he has just received the worst news a seventeen year old could probably ever receive and think this would be good for him, he has asked me to tell you to head home and leave him to do this alone, but firstly there are a few questions I need to ask you Miss." I didn't even waste what little energy I had left with a nod, he was going to ask me the questions anyway.

"Did you see the crash Miss Scott?"

"No I heard it, but didn't see it."

"And where were you, when it happened?"

I walked backwards a few paces and stopped,

"I was stood right here, except I was facing the other way, Damo was stood right behind me, facing the same way as me also, so he didn't see the crash either."

"Why exactly, were you stood so far away from the car you were meant to be traveling home in?"

"I felt like I was going to be sick so I asked Mr Matthews to stop the car, his car is very expensive I don't think he would of appreciated me doing it in the back." I wasn't going to tell him the real reason I asked him to stop the car. Not like it matters it's not really important.